Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Transferring to new computer

Transferring to new computer

Marilyn

What is the best way to transfer information from my old computer to new
one? The old one is Windows 98 and the new one is Windows XP. Any help
appreciated.

Rob K

"Marilyn" a formulé la demande :

> What is the best way to transfer information from my old computer to new
> one? The old one is Windows 98 and the new one is Windows XP. Any help
> appreciated.
> (E-Mail Removed)

XP has a built-in feature to do that.
IMHO, you are better off to properly install the new XP box first ,
then
1) create a network between the two boxes, or,
2) 'slave' the old harddisk(s)
to transfer your data.

Post back if you need more information.

--
My E-mail address in ROT-13:
(E-Mail Removed)

Harrison

Pull the drive from the Windows 98 box and install it as a temporary
secondary drive in the XP box. Run the files and settings transfer
wizard under XP.
Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools