Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Missing Emails

Missing Emails

Norman

I have been having a problem with my email for the past week now. Many
emails I have been expecting and I know for a fact have been sent to me have
simply vanished. I use 3 different email addys , all sent email goes through
my ISP's smtp server (ntl in the UK). For email received, my main account
comes from ntl's pop3 server. the second 1 is through another ISP pop3 and
the last from my domain host pop3 server.

I have no message rules set up and no reason why I should not be receiving
mail. Anytime I send a test email to these addresses it is fine.

Any advise would be greatfully received.

regards
Norman

---

°Mike°

Check with the senders that they have your correct address,
and that they are typing it in correctly.

On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 19:53:30 -0000, in
<bqatfs$20agth$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de>
Norman scrawled:

>I have been having a problem with my email for the past week now. Many
>emails I have been expecting and I know for a fact have been sent to me have
>simply vanished. I use 3 different email addys , all sent email goes through
>my ISP's smtp server (ntl in the UK). For email received, my main account
>comes from ntl's pop3 server. the second 1 is through another ISP pop3 and
>the last from my domain host pop3 server.
>
>I have no message rules set up and no reason why I should not be receiving
>mail. Anytime I send a test email to these addresses it is fine.
>
>Any advise would be greatfully received.
>
>regards
>Norman
>

>---

Basic computer maintenance

Norman

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Check with the senders that they have your correct address,
> and that they are typing it in correctly.

Yep, I can assure you that everything is in order, I have received numerous
emails from most of the senders in the past and others that have gone
missing would merely be replying to my mail.

Norman

°Mike°

On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 20:08:25 -0000, in
<bqaubq$203lcu$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de>
Norman scrawled:

>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Check with the senders that they have your correct address,
>> and that they are typing it in correctly.

>Yep, I can assure you that everything is in order, I have received numerous
>emails from most of the senders in the past and others that have gone
>missing would merely be replying to my mail.
>
>Norman

Then contact your ISP, and ask the senders to do the same.

--
Basic computer maintenance

Norman

"Norman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bqaubq$203lcu$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Check with the senders that they have your correct address,
> > and that they are typing it in correctly.

> Yep, I can assure you that everything is in order, I have received

numerous
> emails from most of the senders in the past and others that have gone
> missing would merely be replying to my mail.
>
> Norman

Actually, the fact that the pop3 is being received by 3 different servers
for my 3 accounts , would this perhaps mean that it isn't the isp's problem?

Norman

°Mike°

On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 20:22:42 -0000, in
<bqav6j$201drg$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de>
Norman scrawled:

>"Norman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:bqaubq$203lcu$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
>>
>> "°Mike°" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Check with the senders that they have your correct address,
>> > and that they are typing it in correctly.

>> Yep, I can assure you that everything is in order, I have received

>numerous
>> emails from most of the senders in the past and others that have gone
>> missing would merely be replying to my mail.
>>
>> Norman
>>

>Actually, the fact that the pop3 is being received by 3 different servers
>for my 3 accounts , would this perhaps mean that it isn't the isp's problem?
>
>Norman

Why would it? I have numerous accounts, all with different
servers; I can receive POP mail through any one ISP.

To check whether O.E. is, or isn't, part of the equation, try
checking your mail with Magic Mail Monitor:
http://mmm3.sourceforge.net/

--
Basic computer maintenance

Barry

I read somewhere during the last week that the Atlantic (I think) cable is
faulty and added to the cable elsewhere (in the Pacific) that has not yet
been repaired by the Americans, this has caused traffic to be reduced
considerably. If only one cable was down the traffic would be re-routed but
with two it's more of a problem.

HTH

Barry

"Norman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bqatfs$20agth$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> I have been having a problem with my email for the past week now. Many
> emails I have been expecting and I know for a fact have been sent to me

have
> simply vanished. I use 3 different email addys , all sent email goes

through
> my ISP's smtp server (ntl in the UK). For email received, my main

account
> comes from ntl's pop3 server. the second 1 is through another ISP pop3

and
> the last from my domain host pop3 server.
>
> I have no message rules set up and no reason why I should not be receiving
> mail. Anytime I send a test email to these addresses it is fine.
>
> Any advise would be greatfully received.
>
> regards
> Norman
>

> ---

Juan Pérez

Wrong....it's the Canadians who refuse to don their wet suits and diving
gear and go down into the atlantic and fix the International Cable.
First thing you know they'll try to foist sattellite reception off onto
the unwary users.:-O

Barry <bernard.verona@(Unwanted)cgocable.ca> wrote in message
news:9A9yb.71893$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I read somewhere during the last week that the Atlantic (I think)

cable is
> faulty and added to the cable elsewhere (in the Pacific) that has not

yet
> been repaired by the Americans, this has caused traffic to be reduced
> considerably. If only one cable was down the traffic would be

re-routed but
> with two it's more of a problem.
>
> HTH
>
> Barry
>

> "Norman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bqatfs$20agth$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> > I have been having a problem with my email for the past week now.

Many
> > emails I have been expecting and I know for a fact have been sent to

me
> have
> > simply vanished. I use 3 different email addys , all sent email goes

> through
> > my ISP's smtp server (ntl in the UK). For email received, my main

> account
> > comes from ntl's pop3 server. the second 1 is through another ISP

pop3
> and
> > the last from my domain host pop3 server.
> >
> > I have no message rules set up and no reason why I should not be

receiving
> > mail. Anytime I send a test email to these addresses it is fine.
> >
> > Any advise would be greatfully received.
> >
> > regards
> > Norman
> >

> > ---

Norman

"Barry" <bernard.verona@(Unwanted)cgocable.ca> wrote in message
news:9A9yb.71893$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I read somewhere during the last week that the Atlantic (I think) cable is
> faulty and added to the cable elsewhere (in the Pacific) that has not yet
> been repaired by the Americans, this has caused traffic to be reduced
> considerably. If only one cable was down the traffic would be re-routed

but
> with two it's more of a problem.
>
> HTH
>
> Barry

Thanks for the replies, I guess I will have to call my ISP's (extremely
expensive!!) helpline. If it helps anyone put their finger on the problem
sone mails during the early part of last wek was also being delayed by over
12 hours.......but at least I received that!!

Norman

nemo

Norman,

What happens if you send an email to yourself.

Regards

nemo

On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 19:53:30 -0000, "Norman" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I have been having a problem with my email for the past week now. Many
>emails I have been expecting and I know for a fact have been sent to me have
>simply vanished. I use 3 different email addys , all sent email goes through
>my ISP's smtp server (ntl in the UK). For email received, my main account
>comes from ntl's pop3 server. the second 1 is through another ISP pop3 and
>the last from my domain host pop3 server.
>
>I have no message rules set up and no reason why I should not be receiving
>mail. Anytime I send a test email to these addresses it is fine.
>
>Any advise would be greatfully received.
>
>regards
>Norman
>

>---

Missing emails Fred Larmie Computer Support 11 06-25-2006 11:32 PM
Still missing inbound emails? Rajinder Nijjhar Computer Support 5 03-24-2006 11:48 PM
Scanning my emails for harmfull emails etc lee.ingram Computer Support 4 01-12-2006 01:21 AM
missing emails MCSE 2 12-17-2004 10:26 PM
How to stop Sir name showing on emails from hotmail emails Drifter Computer Information 3 07-07-2004 07:15 AM

Advertisments