Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > AVG Anti Virus v7 - Email Scanner Problem

AVG Anti Virus v7 - Email Scanner Problem

Ben Lord

I've got this on my PC and I seem to have a bit of a problem. The E-mail
Scanner is showing red when I load the Control Center because it says that
it is not activated, when I go through the steps to activate it, it comes up
with the following dialogue boxes saying that it wants to make the ports
5100 and 5101 and that it is on server 127.0.0.1 when I am on a
pop.freeserve.com server!

How do I resolve this so that it gets up and working like it was. Updates
are still coming through but I have a black and white AVG Icon in my taskbar
and I want the coloured on!

Any help is much appreciated.
--
Kind Regards
Ben Lord

J Tilley

On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 14:35:23 -0000, Ben Lord <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

> I've got this on my PC and I seem to have a bit of a problem. The E-mail
> Scanner is showing red when I load the Control Center because it says
> that
> it is not activated, when I go through the steps to activate it, it
> comes up
> with the following dialogue boxes saying that it wants to make the ports
> 5100 and 5101 and that it is on server 127.0.0.1 when I am on a
> pop.freeserve.com server!
>
> How do I resolve this so that it gets up and working like it was.
> Updates
> are still coming through but I have a black and white AVG Icon in my
> taskbar
> and I want the coloured on!
>
> Any help is much appreciated.
> --
> Kind Regards
> Ben Lord
> The New Inkjet Company

Have a look at the AVG website, it contains all the info required to
correct this problem.