Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > I don't want Global address list to be defaul

I don't want Global address list to be defaul

lbbs

I have two different address list I use at work, one for in office address
list called "Global address list" and one custom that I have made myself.
When I compose a new email and click on "To:" the default list that shows up
is the in office address list. Can I make the default me my custom list?
Also, if I type in the first 4 letter of an email address, it will
automatically complete the full email. But if it is an email address from
my custom list, it will not auto-complete. I don't use the office
emails very often. Is there a way to make my default be the custom address
list? thanks

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Remember to post your Outlook version if you expect an answer.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"lbbs" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have two different address list I use at work, one for in office address
> list called "Global address list" and one custom that I have made myself.
> When I compose a new email and click on "To:" the default list that shows

up
> is the in office address list. Can I make the default me my custom

list?
> Also, if I type in the first 4 letter of an email address, it will
> automatically complete the full email. But if it is an email address

from
> my custom list, it will not auto-complete. I don't use the office
> emails very often. Is there a way to make my default be the custom

address
> list? thanks

lbbs

Sorry, version ms outlook 2000 (9.0.0.2711)
Corporate or Workgroups

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> Remember to post your Outlook version if you expect an answer.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "lbbs" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I have two different address list I use at work, one for in office

address
> > list called "Global address list" and one custom that I have made

myself.
> > When I compose a new email and click on "To:" the default list that

shows
> up
> > is the in office address list. Can I make the default me my custom

> list?
> > Also, if I type in the first 4 letter of an email address, it will
> > automatically complete the full email. But if it is an email address

> from
> > my custom list, it will not auto-complete. I don't use the office
> > emails very often. Is there a way to make my default be the custom

> address
> > list? thanks

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Then you should be able to go to Tools > Services > Outlook Address Book and
look at its Properties. Is there not an Addressing Tab on which you can
select which folder to display first?