Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Recycle Bin Does Not Show Any Deleted Files....

Recycle Bin Does Not Show Any Deleted Files....

SwingingSi

Hi

whenever I delete any files to the Recycle Bin they dont show within it...
but they are there. I know this because when I right click the Desktop icon
it asks me if I want to permanently delete these files,

So anyone any idea why I cant see them?

Im running XP Pro, and have a C Drive for my operating system and a D Drive
for my data.

Thanks.

des

Hi,

I have the same problem in XP Pro, but the files appeared very briefly when
I opened the folder then they vanished. I still can`t see them.

The only thing I thought might have caused it was changing the setting from
"cofigure drives independently" to "use one setting for all drives".

Des.

angler

Right click your icon for the recycle bin. Click "Properties"
On the "Global" tab, Make sure there is no tick in the box that says "do not
move files to the recycle bin". Then apply and OK.
Hope it works. Jim.
"SwingingSi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:05Lxb.5621$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
>
> whenever I delete any files to the Recycle Bin they dont show within it...
> but they are there. I know this because when I right click the Desktop

icon
> it asks me if I want to permanently delete these files,
>
> So anyone any idea why I cant see them?
>
> Im running XP Pro, and have a C Drive for my operating system and a D

Drive
> for my data.
>
> Thanks.

---

°Mike°

Make sure that you uncheck 'Hide Protected System Files' in
Windows Explorer / Tools / Folder Options / View.

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 16:54:17 -0000, in
<05Lxb.5621$(E-Mail Removed)>
SwingingSi scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

SwingingSi

Des

thanks for that.

I changed the Recycle Bin properties back to "use one setting for all
drives" and that seems to have solved the problem.

Cheers.

Si

"des" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:nhMxb.1079$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I have the same problem in XP Pro, but the files appeared very briefly

when
> I opened the folder then they vanished. I still can`t see them.
>
> The only thing I thought might have caused it was changing the setting

from
> "cofigure drives independently" to "use one setting for all drives".
>
> Des.

EricP

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 18:37:21 -0000, "SwingingSi"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Des
>
>thanks for that.
>
>I changed the Recycle Bin properties back to "use one setting for all
>drives" and that seems to have solved the problem.
>
>Cheers.
>
>Si

Cheers from me too. Always had the problem.

Very annoying!

mahensonu mahensonu is offline
Junior Member

When I Delete files from anywhere,it ask me whether I want to replace files to the Recycle bin,but I can't see files in the Recycle bin,I have checked Recycle bin setting,there is no tick mark on the "Do not move files to the Recycle Bin. Removes files immediately when deleted."

thaste thaste is offline
Junior Member

[QUOTE=angler;862367]Right click your icon for the recycle bin. Click "Properties"
On the "Global" tab, Make sure there is no tick in the box that says "do not
move files to the recycle bin". Then apply and OK.
Hope it works. Jim.
"SwingingSi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:05Lxb.5621$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
>
> whenever I delete any files to the Recycle Bin they dont show within it...
> but they are there. I know this because when I right click the Desktop

icon
> it asks me if I want to permanently delete these files,
>
> So anyone any idea why I cant see them?
>
> Im running XP Pro, and have a C Drive for my operating system and a D

Drive
> for my data.
>
> Thanks.

---

safely remove all external devices from usb!! (additional hard disks etc)