Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Anyone got a Dyson vacuum cleaner?

Anyone got a Dyson vacuum cleaner?

]v[etaphoid

Has anyone got one of these flash-dangled bagless Dyson vacuum cleaners. The
other half wants me to splash out on one of the "Turbo Brush" or "Motor
Head" barrel varieties, but I'm having difficulties justifying the cost. Are
they really that good? Any nasty caveats about going bagless? Anyone know of
an online review or opinion site for such products?

Cheers.

Cubzilla

"]v[etaphoid" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bq44ef$1v72qq$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> Has anyone got one of these flash-dangled bagless Dyson vacuum cleaners.

The
> other half wants me to splash out on one of the "Turbo Brush" or "Motor
> Head" barrel varieties, but I'm having difficulties justifying the cost.

Are
> they really that good? Any nasty caveats about going bagless? Anyone know

of
> an online review or opinion site for such products?
>
> Cheers.

Keep the cost down go for the one of the clone "bagless" types Hoover may be

Regards

docmill

"Cubzilla" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:bq49dg$1uprqh$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de:

> "]v[etaphoid" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bq44ef$1v72qq$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
>> Has anyone got one of these flash-dangled bagless Dyson vacuum
>> cleaners.

> The
>> other half wants me to splash out on one of the "Turbo Brush" or "Motor
>> Head" barrel varieties, but I'm having difficulties justifying the
>> cost.

> Are
>> they really that good? Any nasty caveats about going bagless? Anyone
>> know

> of
>> an online review or opinion site for such products?
>>
>> Cheers.
>>

> Keep the cost down go for the one of the clone "bagless" types Hoover
> may be
>

> Regards

Y'all mekin fon auh thet gal?
http://tinyurl.com/wrbd

--
+++++++++++++ SEND ME A LINK +++++++++++
Docmill's "Home of Hot Links in the FryingSpam"

anthonyberet

Cubzilla wrote:
> "]v[etaphoid" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bq44ef$1v72qq$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
>> Has anyone got one of these flash-dangled bagless Dyson vacuum
>> cleaners. The other half wants me to splash out on one of the "Turbo
>> Brush" or "Motor Head" barrel varieties, but I'm having difficulties
>> justifying the cost. Are they really that good? Any nasty caveats
>> about going bagless? Anyone know of an online review or opinion site
>> for such products?
>>
>> Cheers.
>>

> Keep the cost down go for the one of the clone "bagless" types Hoover
> may be

A word of warning... some "bagless" cleaners don't use cyclonic filtration
but just use fixed filters and might as well have bags.
be spam-filtered.
Do you use filesharing networks? If so, please visit my online poll:
http://vote.sparklit.com/web_poll.spark/780772
anthonyberet

Wanderer

]v[etaphoid <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bq44ef$1v72qq$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> Has anyone got one of these flash-dangled bagless Dyson vacuum cleaners.

The
> other half wants me to splash out on one of the "Turbo Brush" or "Motor
> Head" barrel varieties, but I'm having difficulties justifying the cost.

Are
> they really that good? Any nasty caveats about going bagless? Anyone know

of
> an online review or opinion site for such products?

We went for the DC07 Animal with the extra filtration and "turbo" add on.
It has been fantastic. With two cats we used to have to use a rubber brush
thing to scrape the hair off the carpet, lift it, then vacuum. It took
ages. The Dyson does the same job in minutes. Some say there are
reliability issues. We've had ours just under a year with no problems as you
would expect and we haven't heard of any problems from friends who have had
theirs longer. I think it came with a 2 year guarantee although we extended
it to 5.

ymmv

EricP

On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 17:09:57 +1100, "]v[etaphoid" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Has anyone got one of these flash-dangled bagless Dyson vacuum cleaners. The
>other half wants me to splash out on one of the "Turbo Brush" or "Motor
>Head" barrel varieties, but I'm having difficulties justifying the cost. Are
>they really that good? Any nasty caveats about going bagless? Anyone know of
>an online review or opinion site for such products?
>
>Cheers.

They are very expensive, cheap plastic crap. Buy one of the other
makes like Electrolux.

Jarhead

"]v[etaphoid" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bq44ef$1v72qq$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
| Has anyone got one of these flash-dangled bagless Dyson vacuum
cleaners. The
| other half wants me to splash out on one of the "Turbo Brush" or
"Motor
| Head" barrel varieties, but I'm having difficulties justifying the
cost. Are
| they really that good? Any nasty caveats about going bagless? Anyone
know of
| an online review or opinion site for such products?
|
| Cheers.

We are using the DC-07 model that we purchased from Best Buy last March.
It does a better job than the Fantom we owned previously. The DC-07 uses
a washable filter where the Fantom (and others) uses a HEPA filter
cartridge that costs around $60.00 to $80.00 US.

Problems have been: The catch that controls the bin dump feature
stopped working-- Best buy gave us a new sweeper. The safety slide over
the end of the Handle/Wand stuck in the open position-- Best Buy opened
a new sweeper carton and gave a new Handle/Wand to us. One of the
attachments came apart where it articulates. 100 mph duct tape has fixed
this , I am sure they will give us another one if I ask them.

We did buy the extended warranty (4 Years total) and am glad that we did
so. The quality of the plastic parts seem to vary a lot. A Best Buy
representative told me that some people have not had any problems at
all, but others like myself seem to have problems until the defective
parts are replaced. And, there is a lot of parts to it.

Jarhead

Harold Potter

We bought a DC07 off tesco.electical.
Best thing we have done. Gee mused harold, must tell ms rowlings about
this.

Best vacuum for hard timber floors Graham Saad Computer Support 29 10-04-2005 12:13 PM
startrek dyson sphere F Sutherland Computer Support 3 09-13-2005 03:40 AM
vacuum martin Computer Support 5 08-28-2005 03:14 AM
Mini Vacuum SJ Computer Support 4 02-03-2005 06:07 AM
pc cleaning, vacuum or what! gary Computer Support 20 12-17-2004 07:37 PM

Advertisments