Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Cordless keyboard mouse frequencies

Cordless keyboard mouse frequencies

Melv

Am considering getting a cordless keyboard/mouse however my hobby involves
using radio equipment and I do not want interference from near radio waves
can someone tell me what frequency these operate on?
Melv

George Richards

Melv wrote:
> Am considering getting a cordless keyboard/mouse however my hobby
> involves using radio equipment and I do not want interference from
> near radio waves can someone tell me what frequency these operate on?
> Melv

This shouldn't be a major problem. There is usually some kind of a
regulatory agency in most countries that determines what products can use
which frequency.

FWIIW, I am using a Logitech cordless mouse in the same room as a Scientific
American TV remote control, a Sony AM/FM reciever, and a GE cordless
telephone. Everything works fine.
--
HTH

Melv

Thanks for that.
"George Richards" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:TN2xb.14265$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Melv wrote:
> > Am considering getting a cordless keyboard/mouse however my hobby
> > involves using radio equipment and I do not want interference from
> > near radio waves can someone tell me what frequency these operate on?
> > Melv

> This shouldn't be a major problem. There is usually some kind of a
> regulatory agency in most countries that determines what products can use
> which frequency.
>
> FWIIW, I am using a Logitech cordless mouse in the same room as a

Scientific
> American TV remote control, a Sony AM/FM reciever, and a GE cordless
> telephone. Everything works fine.
> --
> HTH

Gary G. Taylor

Melv wrote:

> Am considering getting a cordless keyboard/mouse however my hobby involves
> using radio equipment and I do not want interference from near radio waves
> can someone tell me what frequency these operate on?
> Melv

Don't those use the infrared part of the spectrum, rather than lower
frequencies?
--
Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA

William Rodriguez

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 21:50:49 -0500, Gary G. Taylor wrote
(in message <dEdxb.26464$(E-Mail Removed)>) :

> From: "Gary G. Taylor" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
>
> Melv wrote:
>
>> Am considering getting a cordless keyboard/mouse however my hobby involves
>> using radio equipment and I do not want interference from near radio waves
>> can someone tell me what frequency these operate on?
>> Melv
>>

> Don't those use the infrared part of the spectrum, rather than lower
> frequencies?

Ok, I've looked up the technical specs for a cordless mouse, and it says that
they operate on the frequency of 5250 Hz.

Mellowed

Gees, that is sure a 'kick ass' frequency.

"William Rodriguez" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) lobal.net...
: On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 21:50:49 -0500, Gary G. Taylor wrote
: (in message <dEdxb.26464$(E-Mail Removed)>) :
:
: > From: "Gary G. Taylor" <(E-Mail Removed)>
: > Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
: >
: > Melv wrote:
: >
: >> Am considering getting a cordless keyboard/mouse however my hobby
involves
: >> using radio equipment and I do not want interference from near radio
waves
: >> can someone tell me what frequency these operate on?
: >> Melv
: >>
: >>
: > Don't those use the infrared part of the spectrum, rather than lower
: > frequencies?
: >
:
: Ok, I've looked up the technical specs for a cordless mouse, and it says
that
: they operate on the frequency of 5250 Hz.
:
:

Barry OGrady

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 17:16:47 GMT, William Rodriguez <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 21:50:49 -0500, Gary G. Taylor wrote
>(in message <dEdxb.26464$(E-Mail Removed)>) :
>
>> From: "Gary G. Taylor" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
>>
>> Melv wrote:
>>
>>> Am considering getting a cordless keyboard/mouse however my hobby involves
>>> using radio equipment and I do not want interference from near radio waves
>>> can someone tell me what frequency these operate on?
>>> Melv
>>>

>> Don't those use the infrared part of the spectrum, rather than lower
>> frequencies?
>>

>Ok, I've looked up the technical specs for a cordless mouse, and it says that
>they operate on the frequency of 5250 Hz.

Unlikely they would work on an audio frequency.
Some operate at 27 Mhz which is wiped out by CB radio.
Some operate at 2.4 Ghz which should be pretty safe.

-Barry
========

Mellowed

Agreed. I was thinking he meant 5250 MHz, or, 5.250GHz

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
:
: >On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 21:50:49 -0500, Gary G. Taylor wrote
: >(in message <dEdxb.26464$(E-Mail Removed)>) :
: >
: >> From: "Gary G. Taylor" <(E-Mail Removed)>
: >> Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
: >>
: >> Melv wrote:
: >>
: >>> Am considering getting a cordless keyboard/mouse however my hobby
involves
: >>> using radio equipment and I do not want interference from near radio
waves
: >>> can someone tell me what frequency these operate on?
: >>> Melv
: >>>
: >>>
: >> Don't those use the infrared part of the spectrum, rather than lower
: >> frequencies?
: >>
: >
: >Ok, I've looked up the technical specs for a cordless mouse, and it says
that
: >they operate on the frequency of 5250 Hz.
:
: Unlikely they would work on an audio frequency.
: Some operate at 27 Mhz which is wiped out by CB radio.
: Some operate at 2.4 Ghz which should be pretty safe.
:
:
: -Barry
: Web page: http://members.optusnet.com.au/~barry.og
: Atheist, radio scanner, LIPD information.