Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Hover Text

Hover Text

Alasdair Baxter

On my system, hover text disappears automatically after about 5
seconds. Is it possible to extend this period and if so, how?

Any guidance much appreciated.

--

Alasdair Baxter, Nottingham, UK.Tel +44 115 9705100; Fax +44 115 9423263

"It's not what you say that matters but how you say it.
It's not what you do that matters but how you do it"

Impartial advice

> On my system, hover text disappears automatically after about 5
> seconds. Is it possible to extend this period and if so, how?

You don't say what system you are running. In XP the 'tool tips' stay
indefinitely. This feature can be switched on or off using a freeware
program called Xteq, but the duration cannot be altered. Download Xteq from

http://www.xteq.com/products/

and try it with your system. Look in the 'interface' options

HTH

Alasdair Baxter

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 11:31:35 -0000, "Impartial advice"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>You don't say what system you are running. In XP the 'tool tips' stay
>indefinitely. This feature can be switched on or off using a freeware
>program called Xteq, but the duration cannot be altered. Download Xteq from

I'm running Windows 2000.
--

Alasdair Baxter, Nottingham, UK.Tel +44 115 9705100; Fax +44 115 9423263

"It's not what you say that matters but how you say it.
It's not what you do that matters but how you do it"

Impartial advice

In news:(E-Mail Removed),
Alasdair Baxter <(E-Mail Removed)> espoused the following view:
> On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 11:31:35 -0000, "Impartial advice"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> You don't say what system you are running. In XP the 'tool tips' stay
>> indefinitely. This feature can be switched on or off using a freeware
>> program called Xteq, but the duration cannot be altered. Download
>> Xteq from

> I'm running Windows 2000.

Xteq will work with that

Alasdair Baxter

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 16:01:10 -0000, "Impartial advice"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Xteq will work with that

I went on to the Xteq site and there are many programs available to
download. There are:

Xteq X-Setup
Xteq X-Setup SDK
Xteq GetDriveType
Xteq Explorer LaunchPad
Xteq GetOSVersion
Xteq URL Bandit
Xteq PackX
Xteq COM Register Extension
Xteq X-Shooter
Xteq RAM Alloc
Xteq X-Find
Xteq Helpy
Xteq Helpy Source
Xteq CSS Context Menu

Which one do I need to achieve what I want?

--

Alasdair Baxter, Nottingham, UK.Tel +44 115 9705100; Fax +44 115 9423263

"It's not what you say that matters but how you say it.
It's not what you do that matters but how you do it"

Boomer

Alasdair Baxter <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 16:01:10 -0000, "Impartial advice"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Xteq will work with that
>> http://www.xteq.com/products/

> I went on to the Xteq site and there are many programs available
> to download. There are:
>
> Xteq X-Setup

The ultimate tool for Black Belt system tuning
> Xteq X-Setup SDK

Easily create your own plug-ins and wizards for X-Setup
> Xteq GetDriveType

Determine the type of a drive in batch files
> Xteq Explorer LaunchPad

Makes using the Explorer comfortable and easy
> Xteq GetOSVersion

Determine the OS Version in batch files
> Xteq URL Bandit

Grab URLs from the clipboard fast and easily
> Xteq PackX

The perfect component package for VB
> Xteq COM Register Extension

Use REGSVR32 without a command line
> Xteq X-Shooter

Shoot holes in your Windows
> Xteq RAM Alloc

The easiest way to waste your memory
> Xteq X-Find

Find what you are looking for fast
[snip]
> Which one do I need to achieve what I want?

Which description fits what you want the program to do?

Impartial advice

> Which one do I need to achieve what I want?

You need Xteq setup.
From the intro screen choose 'default ui power users'

Choose 'Appearance' then 'interface' then 'tool tips/balloon tips' then
'tool tips'
Under XP all I get are on and off. See what you get

Boomer

"Impartial advice" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:FR7xb.7613$(E-Mail Removed):

>> Which one do I need to achieve what I want?

> You need Xteq setup.
> From the intro screen choose 'default ui power users'
>
> Choose 'Appearance' then 'interface' then 'tool tips/balloon tips'
> then 'tool tips'
> Under XP all I get are on and off. See what you get

Why tell me?

Please reply to the person who asked the question.

Highlight the person's message you wish to reply to.
Right click. Click on "Reply Group" icon.

Thanks.

Impartial advice

> Which one do I need to achieve what I want?

You need Xteq setup.
From the intro screen choose 'default ui power users'

Choose 'Appearance' then 'interface' then 'tool tips/balloon tips' then
'tool tips'
Under XP all I get are on and off. See what you get

Impartial advice

> Why tell me?
>
> Please reply to the person who asked the question.
>
> Highlight the person's message you wish to reply to.
> Right click. Click on "Reply Group" icon.

Don't be so patronising. I made a mistake. It happens. Get over it.

Menu control and hover text color patrick.sannes@gmail.com ASP .Net Web Controls 1 07-12-2006 10:00 AM
Text below image on hover David Segall HTML 15 01-20-2006 02:11 PM
Show text on Hover Matt Javascript 7 09-23-2005 07:51 AM
Hover text visited colour? T.J. HTML 4 04-14-2005 04:58 PM
Display TITLE text on hover Manny Goldman HTML 4 10-04-2004 12:06 AM

Advertisments