Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Process names

Process names

BC

Anyone have a link to a site which tells me what each process is, and
whether it's essential or not. I am talking about background tasks, under
Windows Task Manager.

I have 36 processes running on my machine, and i am sure I dont need all of
them.
Any tips would be greatly welcome, I'd just like to cancel few of them,
since I mainly use my machine to make music, so the fewer background tasks I
have running, the better.

Thanx

why?

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 12:28:18 -0000, BC wrote:

>Anyone have a link to a site which tells me what each process is, and

www.google.com
Searched English pages fo
windows task list service description

>whether it's essential or not. I am talking about background tasks, under
>Windows Task Manager.

You did mean not to say which version of Win.....

>I have 36 processes running on my machine, and i am sure I dont need all of
>them.
>Any tips would be greatly welcome, I'd just like to cancel few of them,

The MS Windows Resource Kits.

Places like
http://www.theeldergeek.com/services_guide.htm

<snip>

Me

BC

cheers, it's for WinXP

news(E-Mail Removed)...

> On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 12:28:18 -0000, BC wrote:
>
> >Anyone have a link to a site which tells me what each process is, and

> www.google.com
> Searched English pages fo
> windows task list service description
> Results 1 - 10 of about 266,000. Search took 0.28 seconds.
>
> >whether it's essential or not. I am talking about background tasks, under
> >Windows Task Manager.

> You did mean not to say which version of Win.....
>
> >I have 36 processes running on my machine, and i am sure I dont need all

of
> >them.
> >Any tips would be greatly welcome, I'd just like to cancel few of them,

> The MS Windows Resource Kits.
>
> Places like
> http://www.theeldergeek.com/services_guide.htm
>
> <snip>
>
> Me

Boomer

BC, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> cheers, it's for WinXP
>
> "why?" <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 12:28:18 -0000, BC wrote:
>>
>> >Anyone have a link to a site which tells me what each process
>> >is, and

>> www.google.com
>> Searched English pages fo
>> windows task list service description
>> Results 1 - 10 of about 266,000. Search took 0.28 seconds.
>>
>> >whether it's essential or not. I am talking about background
>> >tasks, under Windows Task Manager.

[snip]
>> The MS Windows Resource Kits.
>>
>> Places like