Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > problems with internet explorer

problems with internet explorer

chantal

Hi,whenever I go on the web with explorer, I cannot close anything
ounce I go to any site.I've checked for virus with Norton but even
after cleaning up my PC nothing changed...I thought the problem was
with internet explorer so I downloaded a newer version, still, the
problem persists.
Also, I get a script error message every time:
line: 2
car: 9
error:incorrect character
code: 0

Can anyone help me?
Thanks.

alexandrew

Uninstall your anti virus and try and see if you can close any page or not.

"chantal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Hi,whenever I go on the web with explorer, I cannot close anything
> ounce I go to any site.I've checked for virus with Norton but even
> after cleaning up my PC nothing changed...I thought the problem was
> with internet explorer so I downloaded a newer version, still, the
> problem persists.
> Also, I get a script error message every time:
> line: 2
> car: 9
> error:incorrect character
> code: 0
>
> Can anyone help me?
> Thanks.

Boomer

chantal, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hi,whenever I go on the web with explorer, I cannot close anything
> ounce I go to any site.I've checked for virus with Norton but even
> after cleaning up my PC nothing changed...I thought the problem was
> with internet explorer so I downloaded a newer version, still, the
> problem persists.
> Also, I get a script error message every time:
> line: 2
> car: 9
> error:incorrect character
> code: 0
>
> Can anyone help me?
> Thanks.

Install, at least, the first three.
Check for updates weekly and use often.

Ad-aware (Aims at Adware/Spyware.)
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

SpybotSD Aims for the dialers, trojans, hijackers and
security/privacy issues.
http://www.safer-networking.org/

Spyware Blaster

http://vipmeister.com/dl/aspy/aspy.html

Info on above and more.

Parasites: Cookies, Dialers, Keyloggers, Trackers
http://www.generation.net/~hleboeuf/bhoindex.htm

~ Spyware Information ~
http://www.cexx.org/adware.htm

--Unsolicited commercial software list and info--
http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/

--Other software--
http://www.wilders.org/

Newsgroup: alt.privacy.spyware

--
I need to go lie down in a darkened room.
-anOLDun

DH

It sounds like you've got a virus. Norton won't catch 'em all. None of them
will. Try another anti-virus....."Get a second opinion".