Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > need sound card help

need sound card help

leekoo

i've got something i just can't resolve ...

my sound card is not doing it's job ...

i'm getting this message:

status: driver enabled but inactive due to unknown problem ...

someone please help ...

o/s = win 98
card = creative sound blaster 16 plug and play ...

°Mike°

Boot into Safe Mode (hold the CTRL key at startup until
the DOS menu appears, and choose Safe Mode). Once
there, open Device Manager and remove *all* entries
relating to sound, video and game controllers. Reboot
and allow Windows to re-detect and install the device.
Update the drivers, and update DirectX.

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 21:27:33 GMT, in
<Xns943DA86E6CB83marrosmrogerscom@66.185.95.104>
leekoo scrawled: