Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Firewall and Ports

Firewall and Ports

Mushroom

Hi,
I am the owner of a SpeedTouch 510 modem/router that I am generally very
pleased with. All I use it for is connecting my Xbox console and Windows PC
to DSL internet.
When I use Gamespy Arcade to use the Xbox tunnel (for an Xbox game that
dosn't support Xbox Live) and try to host my own game, I get a message that
says something along the lines of your PC's internal ip is different to it's
external ip. Switching off the firewall does no good. Gamespy has a guide on
which ports to open. I have tried configuring the nat, putting in the port
numbers and the both the ip addresses i see on the error message. I'm sorry
i can't explain this any better. Any owners of a Speedtouch, please help! I
have no networking experience and would like to know how to open ports,
which ip address to put in the inside and outside ip boxes, and if there is
anything else i need to do.
Thanks alot for any support,
a confused newbie.

Rob K

"Mushroom" a émis l'idée suivante :

<snip>
> Any owners of a Speedtouch, please help! I
> have no networking experience and would like to know how to open ports,
> which ip address to put in the inside and outside ip boxes, and if there is
> anything else i need to do.
> Thanks alot for any support,
> a confused newbie.

I've a STPro so not quite the same, therefore just the traditional 5
cents:

Check here for all information on the 510 :
http://www.speedtouch.com/supuser.htm

I'm not into Xbox and Gamespy.

Hope this is at least something to start with ...

Good luck !

--
My E-mail address in ROT-13: