Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > driver for usb scanner problem

driver for usb scanner problem

robin goodfellow

I have been donated a USB scanner.
But when I instaled it my widnows 98 could not find the correct driver.
I downloaded the driver from the companies website (PRIMAX)
This generated an exec called p93_en98_usb.exe
This executed OK but when i go into 'add new hardware'... 'reinstall driver'
the system cannot fijnd the new? driver

the system reports the hardware installed but with no driver

can anyone help please.

Miggsee

Did you click on Have disk and browse to the folder that was created when
you ran the executable file?

"robin goodfellow" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bpqand$ai3$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have been donated a USB scanner.
> But when I instaled it my widnows 98 could not find the correct driver.
> I downloaded the driver from the companies website (PRIMAX)
> This generated an exec called p93_en98_usb.exe
> This executed OK but when i go into 'add new hardware'... 'reinstall

driver'
> the system cannot fijnd the new? driver
>
> the system reports the hardware installed but with no driver
>
> can anyone help please.

°Mike°

Don't use the Add New Hardware wizard. Go to Device
Manager, double click the relevant entry for the device,
and choose 'Update Driver'. You'll probably need to
find the .inf file created with the p93_en98_usb.exe file.

On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 12:55:10 +0000 (UTC), in
<bpqand$ai3$(E-Mail Removed)>
robin goodfellow scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance