Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > I did it dammit ! ! !

I did it dammit ! ! !

Josh

I've carried two ISPs for more than 3 years primarily because I thought if I
got rid of the one, I'd not be able to find my way back here. You guys have
taught me a ton about my computer and software etc. Clearly this is the best
news group on the entired damn web. So this week I whacked AT&T Global and
found a news service that carried this news group and saved myself about
19.00 a month to boot. I'm grateful for all the help you guys have been to
me. I even like the smart ass replys. (especially when they're not for me).
Thanks again and I'm soooooooooooooo glad to be back.

I know this sounds way too nerdy, but another step for me in understanding
how all this works. I'm an ole bear,, but learning still.

--
God Bless America

Josh The Bad Bear

Paul - xxx

Josh posted ...

> I've carried two ISPs for more than 3 years primarily because I
> thought if I got rid of the one, I'd not be able to find my way back
> here. You guys have taught me a ton about my computer and software
> etc. Clearly this is the best news group on the entired damn web. So
> this week I whacked AT&T Global and found a news service that carried
> this news group and saved myself about
> 19.00 a month to boot. I'm grateful for all the help you guys have
> been to me. I even like the smart ass replys. (especially when
> they're not for me). Thanks again and I'm soooooooooooooo glad to be
> back.
>
> I know this sounds way too nerdy, but another step for me in
> understanding how all this works. I'm an ole bear,, but learning
> still.

Heheheh, way to go, kid ...

--
Digweed

-= Hawk =-

On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 15:00:47 -0600, "Josh" <(E-Mail Removed)>
scribbled:

>Clearly this is the best news group on the entired damn web.

This isn't the web. And unless the provider you kept is
AOL you're forging their valid domain name.

Riddles II, v3
- T. Pratchett

Boomer

"Josh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I've carried two ISPs for more than 3 years primarily because I
> thought if I got rid of the one, I'd not be able to find my way
> back here. You guys have taught me a ton about my computer and
> software etc. Clearly this is the best news group on the entired
> damn web. So this week I whacked AT&T Global and found a news
> service that carried this news group and saved myself about 19.00
> a month to boot. I'm grateful for all the help you guys have been
> to me. I even like the smart ass replys. (especially when they're
> not for me). Thanks again and I'm soooooooooooooo glad to be back.
>
> I know this sounds way too nerdy, but another step for me in
> understanding how all this works. I'm an ole bear,, but learning
> still.

You're with AOL still?

Beans

I echo your sentiments Josh. This group has been of great value to me too.
Thanks to all you contributors.!!!

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

Beans wrote:
> I echo your sentiments Josh. This group has been of great value to me too.
> Thanks to all you contributors.!!!

Please reinsert you credit card into the slot on the front of your
computer. I didn't quiet get the last few digits. When prompted, please
enter all your PIN numbers, passwords, test questions and underware sizes.

Boomer

"Beans" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

Hi

Could you please include some of the message you are responding to,
in your reply?
(Tools> Options> Send tab, tick the "Include message in Reply" box.)

It makes it difficult to follow a thread when you write a reply and
others have no clue on what the question or discussion was about.

Further info:

Thank You Very Much

> I echo your sentiments Josh. This group has been of great value to
> me too. Thanks to all you contributors.!!!

--

24 hours in a day... 24 beers in a case... 24H... coincidence?

SgtSilicon

News isn't "the web" but anyway... do tell if you found a free news
provider that allows access from outside of it's domain. My ISP
provides most groups I want but my last ISP had a couple my new ISP
doesn't cary for me. Perhaps an open news server is just what I need.

Jon

wrote:

>I've carried two ISPs for more than 3 years primarily because I thought if I
>got rid of the one, I'd not be able to find my way back here. You guys have
>taught me a ton about my computer and software etc. Clearly this is the best
>news group on the entired damn web. So this week I whacked AT&T Global and
>found a news service that carried this news group and saved myself about
>19.00 a month to boot. I'm grateful for all the help you guys have been to
>me. I even like the smart ass replys. (especially when they're not for me).
>Thanks again and I'm soooooooooooooo glad to be back.
>
>I know this sounds way too nerdy, but another step for me in understanding
>how all this works. I'm an ole bear,, but learning still.

** To email a reply, please remove everything up to and
including the underscore in my email reply header.

mhicaoidh

Taking a moment's reflection, Rgr mused:

| Please reinsert you credit card into the slot on the front of your
| computer. I didn't quiet get the last few digits. When prompted, please
| enter all your PIN numbers, passwords, test questions and underware sizes.

The rest make sense ... but what do you intend to do with the test
questions?

Rick Merrill

mhicaoidh wrote:

> Taking a moment's reflection, Rgr mused:
> |
> | Please reinsert you credit card into the slot on the front of your
> | computer. I didn't quiet get the last few digits. When prompted, please
> | enter all your PIN numbers, passwords, test questions and underware sizes.
>
> The rest make sense ... but what do you intend to do with the test
> questions?

It's comforting to know you went about all this quietly

DAMMIT!! Gerry Wolf Computer Support 2 10-08-2004 09:29 PM
God-dammit!!!! Nibbler Digital Photography 26 03-04-2004 05:21 PM
Gumby, Dammit!! Steve Carras DVD Video 4 02-12-2004 02:58 PM
where are the jobs, dammit Emil MCSE 30 11-12-2003 09:11 PM
Fun with numbers - dammit, but I want a cast! Graham Nicholls Python 18 08-12-2003 04:13 AM

Advertisments