Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > whats the difference?

whats the difference?

Jo Claridge

Hi can anyone help me please?

What is the difference between .org and .com in a website address?

Many thanks for any help you may be able to give,
Jo Claridge

Jacqueline Allen

"Jo Claridge" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bpnr93$gub$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi can anyone help me please?
>
> What is the difference between .org and .com in a website address?
>
> Many thanks for any help you may be able to give,
> Jo Claridge
>
> com is a company

org is an organisation
usualy com is in it for the cash
org is usualy there to help

°Mike°

You'll find all the information you need here:
http://www.icann.org/tlds/

On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 14:17:54 -0000, in
<bpnr93$gub$(E-Mail Removed)>
Jo Claridge scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

°Mike°

On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 14:25:49 +0000 (UTC), in
<bpnrlc$ljj$(E-Mail Removed)>
Jacqueline Allen scrawled:

>"Jo Claridge" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:bpnr93$gub$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi can anyone help me please?
>>
>> What is the difference between .org and .com in a website address?
>>
>> Many thanks for any help you may be able to give,
>> Jo Claridge
>>
>> com is a company

>org is an organisation
>usualy com is in it for the cash
>org is usualy there to help

BZZZZZZT!!! Wrong.

--
Basic computer maintenance

Tina - AffordableHOST.com

Originally, .org domains were supposed to only go to non-profits. However,
now anyone can get one. The .com domains were generally for commercial
ventures. Not so anymore.

--Tina
--
http://www.AffordableHOST.com
20% Discount Code: newsgroup

"Jo Claridge" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bpnr93$gub$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi can anyone help me please?
>
> What is the difference between .org and .com in a website address?
>
> Many thanks for any help you may be able to give,
> Jo Claridge

I don't know whats wrong!!! =?Utf-8?B?S2lt?= Wireless Networking 2 09-08-2005 08:21 AM
whats this error?? Neo VHDL 4 01-31-2005 12:47 PM
Whats happening to my router? Bryan Martin Cisco 5 01-10-2004 01:23 AM
$v = shift OR$_[0] on a filehandle, whats teh difereence Eduard W. Lohmann Perl 1 12-02-2003 06:30 PM
perl 6 syntax ?? whats changed ?? DukeNM Perl 0 12-01-2003 11:00 AM

Advertisments