Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Error Message in Outlook

Error Message in Outlook

mag

I hope someone can help me with this. When my husband's newsgroups section
is opened and he wants to unsubscribe from a topic, an error message comes
up saying Outlook Express needs to close. It only happens when he clicks
on the topic and unsubscribes. I have this screenname and mine doesn't do
that, and we are on same ISP and same computer etc. His is the main
identity, mine is only secondary. What is causing this to happen and how
can he fix it? Thank you.

trout

mag wrote:

> I hope someone can help me with this. When my husband's newsgroups
> section is opened and he wants to unsubscribe from a topic, an error
> message comes up saying Outlook Express needs to close. It only
> happens when he clicks on the topic and unsubscribes. I have this
> screenname and mine doesn't do that, and we are on same ISP and same
> computer etc. His is the main identity, mine is only secondary.
> What is causing this to happen and how can he fix it? Thank
> you.

You could try this: Right-click the newsgroup folder (on the folder
list) and select Properties > Local file. "Delete", and then "Compact".
Then, try the right-click; Unsubscribe.
--
"You should use this method anyway; to avoid clutter on your drive."