Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > e-mule

e-mule

Rich

Is anyone familiar with e-mule? I have downloaded a file from e-mule,and I
am having trouble installing it to my pc. I am running win XP with office
2000. I am trying to install office XP that I downloaded from e-mule.

Boomer

Rich <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:1bknm1stuor3r$.oset52y3pnto$(E-Mail Removed):

> Is anyone familiar with e-mule? I have downloaded a file from
> e-mule,and I am having trouble installing it to my pc. I am
> running win XP with office 2000. I am trying to install office XP
> that I downloaded from e-mule.

Buy MS Office and you won't have the "piracy" installation problem.

sam

news:3fbea8f0$0$31367$(E-Mail Removed) reenews.net...
> Rich <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:1bknm1stuor3r$.oset52y3pnto$(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > Is anyone familiar with e-mule? I have downloaded a file from
> > e-mule,and I am having trouble installing it to my pc. I am
> > running win XP with office 2000. I am trying to install office XP
> > that I downloaded from e-mule.

> Buy MS Office and you won't have the "piracy" installation problem.

What's with all the" piracy"complaints.
Do you love MS so much that you can't stand to see them miss out on sales?
Lord knows that they need the money. Don't they rip off the consumer by selling
faulty software? Would'nt you agree that buying XP is like buying a new car that
constantly needs repair.
And the music "piracy". Have'nt the record companies and artists made enough
millions that they can't stand to lose a little. Look at the fortunes amassed by pop
stars. Can you really say they are deserving of these huge amounts money?
Compare their earnings to people that genuinely contribute to the wellbeing of
society ie, doctors, nurses, scientists,emergency services etc.
These so called "stars" and "corporations" owe the public big time.
So who cares that they get ripped off a little. ***** THEM*
I say get a little back at every opportunity.
Save us from the *DO GOODERS* of this world.

Sam.

trout

sam wrote:

> "Boomer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:3fbea8f0$0$31367$(E-Mail Removed) reenews.net...
>> Rich <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> news:1bknm1stuor3r$.oset52y3pnto$(E-Mail Removed):
>>
>>> Is anyone familiar with e-mule? I have downloaded a file from
>>> e-mule,and I am having trouble installing it to my pc. I am
>>> running win XP with office 2000. I am trying to install office XP
>>> that I downloaded from e-mule.

>> Buy MS Office and you won't have the "piracy" installation problem.

> What's with all the" piracy"complaints.
> Do you love MS so much that you can't stand to see them miss out on
> sales?
> Lord knows that they need the money. Don't they rip off the consumer
> by selling faulty software? Would'nt you agree that buying XP is like
> buying a new car that constantly needs repair.

<snip>

Try to justify it any way you want. A thief is a thief. It says
nothing about who you steal from; it says something about *you*.
--
"If you steal, you're a thief."

Budweiser

exactly what is the problem??
you have a zip/rar/tar file and can not open?
you dont know which file to choose for install?

odd as it may seem those here can not see you screen so a little more info
might help

news:1bknm1stuor3r$.oset52y3pnto$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> Is anyone familiar with e-mule? I have downloaded a file from e-mule,and

> am having trouble installing it to my pc. I am running win XP with office
> 2000. I am trying to install office XP that I downloaded from e-mule.

Boomer

"sam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:0wAvb.21290$(E-Mail Removed):

> "Boomer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:3fbea8f0$0$31367$(E-Mail Removed) reenews.net...
>> Rich <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> news:1bknm1stuor3r$.oset52y3pnto$(E-Mail Removed):
>>
>> > Is anyone familiar with e-mule? I have downloaded a file from
>> > e-mule,and I am having trouble installing it to my pc. I am
>> > running win XP with office 2000. I am trying to install office
>> > XP that I downloaded from e-mule.

>> Buy MS Office and you won't have the "piracy" installation
>> problem.

> What's with all the" piracy"complaints.
> Do you love MS so much that you can't stand to see them miss out
> on sales? Lord knows that they need the money. Don't they rip off
> the consumer by selling faulty software? Would'nt you agree that
> buying XP is like buying a new car that constantly needs repair.
> And the music "piracy". Have'nt the record companies and artists
> made enough millions that they can't stand to lose a little. Look
> at the fortunes amassed by pop stars. Can you really say they are
> deserving of these huge amounts money? Compare their earnings to
> people that genuinely contribute to the wellbeing of society ie,
> doctors, nurses, scientists,emergency services etc. These so
> called "stars" and "corporations" owe the public big time. So who
> cares that they get ripped off a little. ***** THEM* I say get a
> little back at every opportunity. Save us from the *DO GOODERS* of
> this world.
>
> Sam.

How sad.

sam

> > What's with all the" piracy"complaints.
> > Do you love MS so much that you can't stand to see them miss out on
> > sales?
> > Lord knows that they need the money. Don't they rip off the consumer
> > by selling faulty software? Would'nt you agree that buying XP is like
> > buying a new car that constantly needs repair.

> <snip>
>
> Try to justify it any way you want. A thief is a thief. It says
> nothing about who you steal from; it says something about *you*.
> --
> "If you steal, you're a thief."

My consience is clear. *I* have never stolen anything in my life.
If you were given a working copy of XP you would toss it and buy it
legally. Yeah sure. A man of means to be sure.Scruples as well.
How honourable and honest. You will surely go to heaven.
See you there.

trout

sam wrote:

>>> What's with all the" piracy"complaints.
>>> Do you love MS so much that you can't stand to see them miss out on
>>> sales?
>>> Lord knows that they need the money. Don't they rip off the consumer
>>> by selling faulty software? Would'nt you agree that buying XP is
>>> like buying a new car that constantly needs repair.

>> <snip>
>>
>> Try to justify it any way you want. A thief is a thief. It says
>> nothing about who you steal from; it says something about *you*.
>> --
>> "If you steal, you're a thief."
>>

> My consience is clear. *I* have never stolen anything in my life.
> If you were given a working copy of XP you would toss it and buy it
> legally. Yeah sure. A man of means to be sure.Scruples as well.
> How honourable and honest. You will surely go to heaven.
> See you there.

I don't need to be tantalized with a magical afterlife to recognize
a very basic, black and white area of right and wrong.
If I can't afford something; I don't use it. I don't steal. I don't
receive stolen goods.
More to the point; I don't see any shades of grey in a simple matter
of personal ethics.
--
"If this amuses you; be amused. I don't have to *convince* my concience
that it's clear."

Mara

On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 04:27:06 GMT, sam wrote:

>> > What's with all the" piracy"complaints.
>> > Do you love MS so much that you can't stand to see them miss out on
>> > sales?
>> > Lord knows that they need the money. Don't they rip off the consumer
>> > by selling faulty software? Would'nt you agree that buying XP is like
>> > buying a new car that constantly needs repair.

>> <snip>
>>
>> Try to justify it any way you want. A thief is a thief. It says
>> nothing about who you steal from; it says something about *you*.
>> --
>> "If you steal, you're a thief."
>>

>My consience is clear. *I* have never stolen anything in my life.
>If you were given a working copy of XP you would toss it and buy it
>legally. Yeah sure. A man of means to be sure.Scruples as well.
>How honourable and honest. You will surely go to heaven.
>See you there.

Boomer is a woman, not a man - not the first of your mistakes. One is that a
justification for thievery makes thievery acceptable - it doesn't. If your
conscience was indeed clear, you would not be attempting to justify theft; not
your own, nor anyone else's. Simply because you do not have clear ethics does
not mean that everyone or anyone else does not - one does not equal all.

Yet another is posting in a newsgroup without lurking for awhile first, so that
at least you have a clue who is who and what's what.

http://www.dickalba.demon.co.uk/usenet/guide/guide.html

"A newsgroup is an already existing community of people into which you have just
walked.
Many of the people posting regularly there have been doing so for a long
time, they will have established relationships with each other, many will be
friends offline. It is up to you to fit in with them, not for them to adapt to
suit you. Before you post your first message, lurk for a while. Forget any bad
ideas you might have about the word 'lurk' - online it simply means to read
without posting. By doing this, you will get a feel for the culture of the
group, who the regular posters are, who is likely to be friendly, who is likely
to be rude, what the group regards as acceptable in terms of thread drift,
off-topic posts etc. Every newsgroup is different so get a feel for the culture
before jumping in."

--
<AB> No reaming is too great or too small for Abuse Central.

gangle

"trout" wrote

> >> <snip>
> >>
> >> Try to justify it any way you want. A thief is a thief. It says
> >> nothing about who you steal from; it says something about *you*.
> >> --
> >> "If you steal, you're a thief."
> >>

> > My consience is clear. *I* have never stolen anything in my life.
> > If you were given a working copy of XP you would toss it and buy it
> > legally. Yeah sure. A man of means to be sure.Scruples as well.
> > How honourable and honest. You will surely go to heaven.
> > See you there.

> I don't need to be tantalized with a magical afterlife to recognize
> a very basic, black and white area of right and wrong.
> If I can't afford something; I don't use it. I don't steal. I don't
> receive stolen goods.
> More to the point; I don't see any shades of grey in a simple matter
> of personal ethics.

> "If this amuses you; be amused. I don't have to *convince* my concience
> that it's clear."

What happened to your ethics that sad night you "had your way"
with an innocent goat?