Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Is it safe to delete lost fragment files

Is it safe to delete lost fragment files

Steve 'Wacko'

Can someone confirm if it is ok to delete 'Recovered file fragments' that
are sitting in a file without damaging the PC.......

Steve

--
----------Pull The Pin to Reply-------------

°Mike°

Yes. I always set scandisk to delete them, rather than saving
them - they're too much trouble to try to rescue, unless there
is extremely important data, but even then, it's often a losing
battle.

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 20:21:05 -0000, in
<bplrup$qu1$(E-Mail Removed)>
Steve 'Wacko' scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Patch

"Steve 'Wacko'" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bplrup$qu1$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can someone confirm if it is ok to delete 'Recovered file fragments' that
> are sitting in a file without damaging the PC.......
>
> Steve
>
> --
> ----------Pull The Pin to Reply-------------

Yes.

Rick Merrill

Steve 'Wacko' wrote:

> Can someone confirm if it is ok to delete 'Recovered file fragments' that
> are sitting in a file without damaging the PC.......

No, well, 0.01 % of the time - in other words if you are missing a
file or a system file in '98 got savaged. The other 99.99 % "no
worries mate" as they say in Australia. - RM