Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Music downloads

Music downloads

Smirnoff

Can anyone recommend a good site to listen/download music from? I don't
mind paying!
I like golden oldie stuff 50's, 60's range.
By the way, I was enjoying listening to Lou Christies' Lightning
Striking Again on radiowins.com/revival but the site seems to be offline
or removed, anyone know?
Currently have credits in MSN Music Club but find choice very limited
(i.e. couldn't buy a permanent download of Lou Christie).
TIA

James Haddow

Use Kazaa http://www.kazaa.com/

It's just what you need.

James.

"Smirnoff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bpku1f$9c8$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can anyone recommend a good site to listen/download music from? I don't
> mind paying!
> I like golden oldie stuff 50's, 60's range.
> By the way, I was enjoying listening to Lou Christies' Lightning
> Striking Again on radiowins.com/revival but the site seems to be offline
> or removed, anyone know?
> Currently have credits in MSN Music Club but find choice very limited
> (i.e. couldn't buy a permanent download of Lou Christie).
> TIA

---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

]v[etaphoid

"James Haddow" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bpkv2f$1o5gl7$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> Use Kazaa http://www.kazaa.com/
>
> It's just what you need.

Better yet. Try Kazaalite - Kazaa without the spy/ad/shiteware @
http://www.klitesite.com/

SlowwHand

]v[etaphoid wrote:
> "James Haddow" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bpkv2f$1o5gl7$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
>> Use Kazaa http://www.kazaa.com/
>>
>> It's just what you need.

> Better yet. Try Kazaalite - Kazaa without the spy/ad/shiteware @
> http://www.klitesite.com/

I use KazaaLite and WinMx, but I do so puckered up these days.
Newgroups. Who'd a-thunk it?
alt.binaries.sounds.1970s.MP3, for instance.

Harvey Van Sickle

On 21 Nov 2003, ]v[etaphoid wrote
> "James Haddow" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bpkv2f$1o5gl7$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...

>> Use Kazaa http://www.kazaa.com/

>> It's just what you need.

> Better yet. Try Kazaalite - Kazaa without the spy/ad/shiteware @
> http://www.klitesite.com/

Although it's always nice to hear of a product that doesn't
have spy/ad/etc ware, what's the ethical difference between Kazaalite
and warez?

When you come down to the basics, isn't Kazaalite an illegal, cracked,
copyright-flouting version of Kazaa?

--
Cheers,
Harvey

For e-mail, change harvey to whhvs.

SoCal Tom

"Smirnoff" wrote
> Can anyone recommend a good site to listen/download music from? I don't
> mind paying!

I use iTunes for Windows and MP3 dot com for my major downloads. I have
heard that the new Napster II is fairly good for listening and downloads,
but haven't tried them.

As for file sharing, I haven't given it much thought, as most of the
available material is not to my liking, and quality varies from fair to
poor.
--
SoCalTom

Gordon

Kazaa, comes with Gator, impossible to get rid of (well nearly) and
continuously tries to get you to connect to Net.
Winmx is good for music and films, but have a good A/V software installed.
Found some Robert Wolfe on here.

There is also imesh, but not tried.
Best of luck.
"Smirnoff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bpku1f$9c8$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can anyone recommend a good site to listen/download music from? I don't
> mind paying!
> I like golden oldie stuff 50's, 60's range.
> By the way, I was enjoying listening to Lou Christies' Lightning
> Striking Again on radiowins.com/revival but the site seems to be offline
> or removed, anyone know?
> Currently have credits in MSN Music Club but find choice very limited
> (i.e. couldn't buy a permanent download of Lou Christie).
> TIA

Smirnoff

Thanks to everyone for their info.

Am currently trying Kazaa Lite, which seems to be OK so far.

Thanks again

Gordon wrote:
> Kazaa, comes with Gator, impossible to get rid of (well nearly) and
> continuously tries to get you to connect to Net.
> Winmx is good for music and films, but have a good A/V software
> installed. Found some Robert Wolfe on here.
>
> There is also imesh, but not tried.
> Best of luck.
> "Smirnoff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bpku1f$9c8$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Can anyone recommend a good site to listen/download music from? I
>> don't mind paying!
>> I like golden oldie stuff 50's, 60's range.
>> By the way, I was enjoying listening to Lou Christies' Lightning
>> Striking Again on radiowins.com/revival but the site seems to be
>> offline or removed, anyone know?
>> Currently have credits in MSN Music Club but find choice very limited
>> (i.e. couldn't buy a permanent download of Lou Christie).
>> TIA

]v[etaphoid

"Harvey Van Sickle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> On 21 Nov 2003, ]v[etaphoid wrote
> > "James Haddow" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:bpkv2f$1o5gl7$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...

> >> Use Kazaa http://www.kazaa.com/

> >> It's just what you need.

> > Better yet. Try Kazaalite - Kazaa without the spy/ad/shiteware @
> > http://www.klitesite.com/

> Although it's always nice to hear of a product that doesn't
> have spy/ad/etc ware, what's the ethical difference between Kazaalite
> and warez?

Ethics?

> When you come down to the basics, isn't Kazaalite an illegal, cracked,
> copyright-flouting version of Kazaa?

I very much doubt whether Kazaa would receive much sympathy from copyright
evangilysts somehow...

1-Twitch

Get a program called Agent they have a free version and you can get
all the music you want from that era, alt.binaries.mp3 1950 and so on
just go to alt. binaries and look around its amazing what you will
find.

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 11:47:59 +0000 (UTC), "Smirnoff"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Can anyone recommend a good site to listen/download music from? I don't
>mind paying!
>I like golden oldie stuff 50's, 60's range.
>By the way, I was enjoying listening to Lou Christies' Lightning
>Striking Again on radiowins.com/revival but the site seems to be offline
>or removed, anyone know?
>Currently have credits in MSN Music Club but find choice very limited
>(i.e. couldn't buy a permanent download of Lou Christie).
>TIA

Wal-Mart Music Downloads and Mozilla George Firefox 1 07-19-2005 05:51 PM
music downloads Pete Computer Support 2 01-06-2005 12:55 PM
corrupted music downloads Len Computer Support 10 01-18-2004 11:42 PM
p2p music downloads..... Fido Computer Support 8 07-23-2003 01:24 PM

Advertisments