Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Upgrade

Upgrade

Vic

I upgraded a system from a K6-2 system to a Pentium 4. Now it had a 100GB WD
Hard Drive in it with EZ-Bios installed. Is there a way to remove the
EZ-Bios, since I no longer need it because the new motherboard detects the
entire drive, without formatting?

--
Thanks
Vic

James Haddow

I would have thought you could just run F-Disk and just delete the partition
which the Bios exists on.

James.

"Vic" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsb6vb.187$yJ.178@okepread02...
> I upgraded a system from a K6-2 system to a Pentium 4. Now it had a 100GB

WD
> Hard Drive in it with EZ-Bios installed. Is there a way to remove the
> EZ-Bios, since I no longer need it because the new motherboard detects the
> entire drive, without formatting?
>
> --
> Thanks
> Vic

---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

philo

Vic wrote:
> I upgraded a system from a K6-2 system to a Pentium 4. Now it had a 100GB WD
> Hard Drive in it with EZ-Bios installed. Is there a way to remove the
> EZ-Bios, since I no longer need it because the new motherboard detects the
> entire drive, without formatting?

there is only one way to remove EZ Bios

you must bootup with the floppy that you used to install it

then disable it

once disabled you can then uninstall it

if you no longer have the floppy you can download another from maxtor

i think it;s referred to as the max-blast utility (or something similar)

also think many other harddrive vendors have something similar

IIRC formatting the drive or even running fdisk or fdisk /mbr
won't wipe it out

Billy

MaxBlast = Maxtor.
EZ-Bios = Western Digital.
Philo is correct use the same program to disable and uninstall.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...