Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Delay in finding a printer.

Delay in finding a printer.

r_mervart

Recently I almost always get a message "printer not found" first but after
a second or two printing starts OK. Windows 98SE, HP Laserjet 6L with it's
own drivers. Any idea what might have changed?

Roman

M Mullen

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 14:39:55 -0000, "r_mervart"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

|> Recently I almost always get a message "printer not found" first but after
|> a second or two printing starts OK. Windows 98SE, HP Laserjet 6L with it's
|> own drivers. Any idea what might have changed?

Printing a large file? If so your spool hasn't filled yet. You can change the
setting to print before the spool fills.
--
,,
( "> w

r_mervart

"M Mullen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 14:39:55 -0000, "r_mervart"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> |> Recently I almost always get a message "printer not found" first but

after
> |> a second or two printing starts OK. Windows 98SE, HP Laserjet 6L with

it's
> |> own drivers. Any idea what might have changed?
>
> Printing a large file? If so your spool hasn't filled yet. You can change

the
> setting to print before the spool fills.

If that was a reason it would just say "printing" and after some delay
actually started printing. Previously I did not get a transient report
"printer not found" first (unless I would actually disconnect the printer or
introduced some genuine disconnection)

Regards
Roman