Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > !!! URGENT: This concerns everybody, please read inside !!!

!!! URGENT: This concerns everybody, please read inside !!!

Un-partisan Moderate

If you have a parent or a grandparent on Social Security, this
absolutely concerns you in the most profound way:

Congress is about to bushwhack seniors with a "prescription drug
beneift" that will cost them nearly $4,000 a year to access, and
will immediately cost them $35 a month even if they never take any
medicine.

This legislation is no more than another corporate welfare manuveur
by the current administration, labeled as a "benefit" that is
actually a "detriment" and will COST taxpayer billions, while the
drug companies MAKE billions - and our ancestors will suffer
immensely from this almost immediately!!!!

All this so President Bush can say he passed a drug benefit law?
That's all it is: another lie, another "Big Lie" to be spun,
****ing on our legs and saying "ain't the rain nice?"

Please, if you have any doubts, research the particulars, and write
your Congressmen, and especially your Senators and just tell them
"NO!"

The answer is to reform regulations regarding big USA pharmacutical
companies, not charge my grandmother and grandfather $35 each a
month, and then a $3,200 per year 'out of pocket expense' each
before they can access the benefit - while the pharmacutical
companies drive their prices through the ceiling in anticipation of
these new regulations.

Please, write you congressmen, and tell everybody you know to write
and "JUST SAY NO" to this madness. We will all be seniors someday,
and the time is NOW to stop this dead in it's tracks.

I thank you, and I'm sure your grandparents and parents will thank
you as well.

PS: BOYCOT THE AARP, THEY HAVE SOLD OUT TO THE LOBBYISTS AND THEY
DO NOT REPRESENT THE MASSES OF RETIRED PEOPLE, ONLY THE RETIRED
PEOPLE WHO OWN STOCK IN PHARMACUTICAL COMPANIES.

Paul - xxx

Un-partisan Moderate tried to scribble ...

> If you have a parent or a grandparent on Social Security,

Yup, I do ...

> this absolutely concerns you in the most profound way:

Nope, it profoundly doesn't ..

--
Digweed

DH

Yup yup........nothing partisan about you..... You're as objective as any
other DUMOCRAT. And you sound just as stupid.
If it walks like a dumocrat....talks like a dumocrat....smells like a
dumocrat......must be a dumocrat.

"Un-partisan Moderate" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> If you have a parent or a grandparent on Social Security, this
> absolutely concerns you in the most profound way:
>
> Congress is about to bushwhack seniors with a "prescription drug
> beneift" that will cost them nearly $4,000 a year to access, and
> will immediately cost them $35 a month even if they never take any
> medicine.
>
> This legislation is no more than another corporate welfare manuveur
> by the current administration, labeled as a "benefit" that is
> actually a "detriment" and will COST taxpayer billions, while the
> drug companies MAKE billions - and our ancestors will suffer
> immensely from this almost immediately!!!!
>
> All this so President Bush can say he passed a drug benefit law?
> That's all it is: another lie, another "Big Lie" to be spun,
> ****ing on our legs and saying "ain't the rain nice?"
>
> Please, if you have any doubts, research the particulars, and write
> your Congressmen, and especially your Senators and just tell them
> "NO!"
>
> The answer is to reform regulations regarding big USA pharmacutical
> companies, not charge my grandmother and grandfather $35 each a
> month, and then a $3,200 per year 'out of pocket expense' each
> before they can access the benefit - while the pharmacutical
> companies drive their prices through the ceiling in anticipation of
> these new regulations.
>
> Please, write you congressmen, and tell everybody you know to write
> and "JUST SAY NO" to this madness. We will all be seniors someday,
> and the time is NOW to stop this dead in it's tracks.
>
> I thank you, and I'm sure your grandparents and parents will thank
> you as well.
>

> PS: BOYCOT THE AARP, THEY HAVE SOLD OUT TO THE LOBBYISTS AND THEY
> DO NOT REPRESENT THE MASSES OF RETIRED PEOPLE, ONLY THE RETIRED
> PEOPLE WHO OWN STOCK IN PHARMACUTICAL COMPANIES.

trout

Un-partisan Moderate wrote:

> If you have a parent or a grandparent on Social Security, this
> absolutely concerns you in the most profound way:
>
> Congress is about to

<snip>

Do the words "international newsgroup" mean anything to you?
--
"Please call back between 3 and 5 pm if you'd like to arrange an
invasion."

William Poaster

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 15:26:06 -0600, Un-partisan Moderate wrote:

> If you have a parent or a grandparent on Social Security, this absolutely
> concerns you in the most profound way:
>
> Congress is about to bushwhack seniors with a "prescription drug beneift"
> that will cost them nearly $4,000 a year to access, and will immediately
> cost them $35 a month even if they never take any medicine.

And just HOW does that affect us in the UK exactly?

<snip>

> Please, if you have any doubts, research the particulars, and write your
> Congressmen, and especially your Senators and just tell them "NO!"

I don't have any Congressmen or Senators, thank heaven.

<snip>

--
Registered linux user: 305646
SuSE Pro 9.0

SgtMinor

Un-partisan Moderate wrote:

> If you have a parent or a grandparent on Social Security, this
> absolutely concerns you in the most profound way:
>
> Congress is about to bushwhack seniors with a "prescription drug
> beneift" that will cost them nearly $4,000 a year to access, and
> will immediately cost them $35 a month even if they never take any
> medicine.
>
> This legislation is no more than another corporate welfare manuveur
> by the current administration, labeled as a "benefit" that is
> actually a "detriment" and will COST taxpayer billions, while the
> drug companies MAKE billions - and our ancestors will suffer
> immensely from this almost immediately!!!!
>
> All this so President Bush can say he passed a drug benefit law?
> That's all it is: another lie, another "Big Lie" to be spun,
> ****ing on our legs and saying "ain't the rain nice?"
>
> Please, if you have any doubts, research the particulars, and write
> your Congressmen, and especially your Senators and just tell them
> "NO!"
>
> The answer is to reform regulations regarding big USA pharmacutical
> companies, not charge my grandmother and grandfather $35 each a
> month, and then a $3,200 per year 'out of pocket expense' each
> before they can access the benefit - while the pharmacutical
> companies drive their prices through the ceiling in anticipation of
> these new regulations.
>
> Please, write you congressmen, and tell everybody you know to write
> and "JUST SAY NO" to this madness. We will all be seniors someday,
> and the time is NOW to stop this dead in it's tracks.
>
> I thank you, and I'm sure your grandparents and parents will thank
> you as well.
>
> PS: BOYCOT THE AARP, THEY HAVE SOLD OUT TO THE LOBBYISTS AND THEY
> DO NOT REPRESENT THE MASSES OF RETIRED PEOPLE, ONLY THE RETIRED
> PEOPLE WHO OWN STOCK IN PHARMACUTICAL COMPANIES.

As Mark Twain noted: "It could probably be shown by facts and figures
that there is no distinctly native American criminal class except
Congress."

Congress is in the pockets of big business, bought and paid for. The
White House is the property of lunatic right-wing bible-thumpers.

It's no wonder our seniors are getting kicked in the butt with a plan
that Newt Gingrich would be proud of.

--
"Conservatism is the perfect ideology for the rich, and the stupid."

-= Hawk =-

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 16:40:55 -0600, "DH" <(E-Mail Removed)>
scribbled:

>Yup yup........nothing partisan about you..... You're as objective as any
>other DUMOCRAT. And you sound just as stupid.
>If it walks like a dumocrat....talks like a dumocrat....smells like a
>dumocrat......must be a dumocrat.

So does that make you a repubic-hair?

Riddles II, v3
- T. Pratchett

Jerry Rivers

God, how I so love a good controversy, particularly one about Medicare in a
PC support news group! With any luck, I'll have hundreds of comments,
rebuttals, and rebuttals to rebuttals to read by morning!

-- Jerry Rivers

"Un-partisan Moderate" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> If you have a parent or a grandparent on Social Security, this
> absolutely concerns you in the most profound way:
>
> Congress is about to bushwhack seniors with a "prescription drug
> beneift" that will cost them nearly $4,000 a year to access, and
> will immediately cost them $35 a month even if they never take any
> medicine.
>
> This legislation is no more than another corporate welfare manuveur
> by the current administration, labeled as a "benefit" that is
> actually a "detriment" and will COST taxpayer billions, while the
> drug companies MAKE billions - and our ancestors will suffer
> immensely from this almost immediately!!!!
>
> All this so President Bush can say he passed a drug benefit law?
> That's all it is: another lie, another "Big Lie" to be spun,
> ****ing on our legs and saying "ain't the rain nice?"
>
> Please, if you have any doubts, research the particulars, and write
> your Congressmen, and especially your Senators and just tell them
> "NO!"
>
> The answer is to reform regulations regarding big USA pharmacutical
> companies, not charge my grandmother and grandfather $35 each a
> month, and then a $3,200 per year 'out of pocket expense' each
> before they can access the benefit - while the pharmacutical
> companies drive their prices through the ceiling in anticipation of
> these new regulations.
>
> Please, write you congressmen, and tell everybody you know to write
> and "JUST SAY NO" to this madness. We will all be seniors someday,
> and the time is NOW to stop this dead in it's tracks.
>
> I thank you, and I'm sure your grandparents and parents will thank
> you as well.
>

> PS: BOYCOT THE AARP, THEY HAVE SOLD OUT TO THE LOBBYISTS AND THEY
> DO NOT REPRESENT THE MASSES OF RETIRED PEOPLE, ONLY THE RETIRED
> PEOPLE WHO OWN STOCK IN PHARMACUTICAL COMPANIES.

Brian H¹©

Jerry Rivers said:

> God, how I so love a good controversy, particularly one about Medicare in a
> PC support news group! With any luck, I'll have hundreds of comments,
> rebuttals, and rebuttals to rebuttals to read by morning!
>
> -- Jerry Rivers

Where does it say anything about being a pc support group?

> "Un-partisan Moderate" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> If you have a parent or a grandparent on Social Security, this
>> absolutely concerns you in the most profound way:
>>
>> Congress is about to bushwhack seniors with a "prescription drug
>> beneift" that will cost them nearly $4,000 a year to access, and
>> will immediately cost them $35 a month even if they never take any
>> medicine.
>>
>> This legislation is no more than another corporate welfare manuveur
>> by the current administration, labeled as a "benefit" that is
>> actually a "detriment" and will COST taxpayer billions, while the
>> drug companies MAKE billions - and our ancestors will suffer
>> immensely from this almost immediately!!!!
>>
>> All this so President Bush can say he passed a drug benefit law?
>> That's all it is: another lie, another "Big Lie" to be spun,
>> ****ing on our legs and saying "ain't the rain nice?"
>>
>> Please, if you have any doubts, research the particulars, and write
>> your Congressmen, and especially your Senators and just tell them
>> "NO!"
>>
>> The answer is to reform regulations regarding big USA pharmacutical
>> companies, not charge my grandmother and grandfather $35 each a
>> month, and then a $3,200 per year 'out of pocket expense' each
>> before they can access the benefit - while the pharmacutical
>> companies drive their prices through the ceiling in anticipation of
>> these new regulations.
>>
>> Please, write you congressmen, and tell everybody you know to write
>> and "JUST SAY NO" to this madness. We will all be seniors someday,
>> and the time is NOW to stop this dead in it's tracks.
>>
>> I thank you, and I'm sure your grandparents and parents will thank
>> you as well.
>>

>> PS: BOYCOT THE AARP, THEY HAVE SOLD OUT TO THE LOBBYISTS AND THEY
>> DO NOT REPRESENT THE MASSES OF RETIRED PEOPLE, ONLY THE RETIRED
>> PEOPLE WHO OWN STOCK IN PHARMACUTICAL COMPANIES.

°Mike°

"PC support news group"? Which one would that be?

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 21:44:32 -0500, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Jerry Rivers scrawled:

>God, how I so love a good controversy, particularly one about Medicare in a
>PC support news group! With any luck, I'll have hundreds of comments,
>rebuttals, and rebuttals to rebuttals to read by morning!
>
> -- Jerry Rivers
>
>"Un-partisan Moderate" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> If you have a parent or a grandparent on Social Security, this
>> absolutely concerns you in the most profound way:

<snip>

--
Basic computer maintenance

Concerns Heathfield's and Seebach's behavior: please read spinoza1111 C Programming 18 03-08-2010 10:25 PM
Portal Starter Kit - Security Concerns eridgway ASP .Net 3 09-10-2004 05:03 PM
Every NTL customer should read this, very serious concerns Angel thoughts Computer Support 10 08-11-2004 03:21 PM
XP 70-270 Exam concerns <ulty> MCSE 53 05-15-2004 12:59 PM
Certification concerns EthanStyle Microsoft Certification 3 09-15-2003 05:29 PM

Advertisments