Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > can i get ip adress after chat???

can i get ip adress after chat???

bascom

can i get ip adress after i chat with someone???

°Mike°

Why would you want to?

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 19:45:36 +0100, in
<3fba6931$0$212$(E-Mail Removed)>
bascom scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Luke

Dave Watson wrote:
> "bascom" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:3fba6931$0$212$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>can i get ip adress after i chat with someone???

> Hi,
>
> If you run netstat -a in a command/dos prompt you will be able to view all
> valid TCP and UDP connections running on your PC at that time.
>
> Dave.

Dave is right

But that will only show a connection to a hotmail server address, you
will need to go peer 2 peer with them by sending a file to the contact
and then drop netstat on your console.

Luke

bascom

talked to someone from hong-kong.now my black ice firewall says someone is
attacking me from that region,sorry for late reply mail was bouncing or
something
°Mike° <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in berichtnieuws
> Why would you want to?
>

> On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 19:45:36 +0100, in
> <3fba6931$0$212$(E-Mail Removed)>
> bascom scrawled:
>
> >can i get ip adress after i chat with someone???
> >

> --
> Basic computer maintenance

Dave Watson

"bascom" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3fba6931$0$212$(E-Mail Removed)...
> can i get ip adress after i chat with someone???

Hi,

If you run netstat -a in a command/dos prompt you will be able to view all
valid TCP and UDP connections running on your PC at that time.

Dave.

°Mike°

It's almost certainly normal background traffic. Ignore it, and
let your firewall do it's job. BTW, BlackIce sucks.

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 20:33:21 +0100, in
<3fba7461$0$198$(E-Mail Removed)>
bascom scrawled:

>talked to someone from hong-kong.now my black ice firewall says
>someone is attacking me from that region,sorry for late reply mail
>was bouncing or something
>
>°Mike° <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in berichtnieuws
>(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Why would you want to?
>>

>> On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 19:45:36 +0100, in
>> <3fba6931$0$212$(E-Mail Removed)>
>> bascom scrawled:
>>
>> >can i get ip adress after i chat with someone???
>> >

>> --
>> Basic computer maintenance

Basic computer maintenance

Richard

bascom! wrote:

> can i get ip adress after i chat with someone???

Not directly. If you were in PM mode for a long time it's possible they got
your IP in that time.
You would have to be connected directly to someone to get their specific IP.
Then what good would that do you? Other than to confirm suspicions?
What you need is a good firewall like zone alarm, put it in stealth mode and
say, "rots of ruck charlie".
Ain't nobody gotten through mine yet after 4 or 5 years.