Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Forgot Bios Password - Sony Vaio PCG-FX290 Laptop

Forgot Bios Password - Sony Vaio PCG-FX290 Laptop

Treb

I have no idea how to open the Bios (F2 on start-up) as I forgot the Bios
Password. I tried to find some help at the Sony Support site, but have not
been able to succeed.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Treb

°Mike°

Your munged email address is using a valid domain (kidding.com).

Registrant:
PK Media Ventures, Inc. (KIDDING-COM-DOM)
Avenida Cuba y Calle 34
Edificio 34-20
Panama, Panama
Republica de Panama

Domain Name: KIDDING.COM

Administrative Contact:
PK Media Ventures, Inc. (E-Mail Removed)
Avenida Cuba y Calle 34
Edificio 34-20
Panama, Panama
Republica de Panama
011- 227-2658

Technical Contact, Zone Contact:
PK Media Ventures, Inc. (E-Mail Removed)
Avenida Cuba y Calle 34
Edificio 34-20
Panama, Panama
Republica de Panama
011- 227-2658

Record last updated on 24-Oct-2003.
Record expires on 28-Jan-2004.
Record created on 29-Jan-1998.

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 19:30:11 GMT, in
<7l9ub.415417$pl3.374779@pd7tw3no>
Treb scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Joost Berculo

"Treb" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> I have no idea how to open the Bios (F2 on start-up) as I forgot the Bios
> Password. I tried to find some help at the Sony Support site, but have not
> been able to succeed.

Remove the bios-battery from the mainboard, wait a few minutes and the
re-insert it.

You will be able to access your BIOS again, but all settings are gone.

Regards,
Joost.

olfart

"Joost Berculo" <nospam at berculo.com> wrote in message
news:3fb9281e$0$204$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Treb" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > I have no idea how to open the Bios (F2 on start-up) as I forgot the

Bios
> > Password. I tried to find some help at the Sony Support site, but have

not
> > been able to succeed.

> Remove the bios-battery from the mainboard, wait a few minutes and the
> re-insert it.
>
> You will be able to access your BIOS again, but all settings are gone.
>
> Regards,
> Joost.

Actually the settings won't be *gone* It will revert to default settings
which should allow you to boot, etc. You will have to update the settings if
you ever changed any from the default settings.

Joost Berculo

> Actually the settings won't be *gone* It will revert to default settings
> which should allow you to boot, etc. You will have to update the settings

if
> you ever changed any from the default settings.

Okay, sorry, that's what I meant

Joost

Treb

Thanks, I have made the change...................

(E-Mail Removed)

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Your munged email address is using a valid domain (kidding.com).
>
> Registrant:
> PK Media Ventures, Inc. (KIDDING-COM-DOM)
> Avenida Cuba y Calle 34
> Edificio 34-20
> Panama, Panama
> Republica de Panama
> 011-227-2658
> (E-Mail Removed)
>
> Domain Name: KIDDING.COM
>
> Administrative Contact:
> PK Media Ventures, Inc. (E-Mail Removed)
> Avenida Cuba y Calle 34
> Edificio 34-20
> Panama, Panama
> Republica de Panama
> 011- 227-2658
>
> Technical Contact, Zone Contact:
> PK Media Ventures, Inc. (E-Mail Removed)
> Avenida Cuba y Calle 34
> Edificio 34-20
> Panama, Panama
> Republica de Panama
> 011- 227-2658
>
> Record last updated on 24-Oct-2003.
> Record expires on 28-Jan-2004.
> Record created on 29-Jan-1998.
>

> On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 19:30:11 GMT, in
> <7l9ub.415417$pl3.374779@pd7tw3no>
> Treb scrawled:
>
> >I have no idea how to open the Bios (F2 on start-up) as I forgot
> >the Bios Password. I tried to find some help at the Sony Support
> >site, but have not been able to succeed.
> >
> >Any ideas?
> >
> >Thanks in advance!
> >
> >Treb
> >

> --
> Basic computer maintenance

Treb

Excellent!

Gracias mi amigos...............

Treb

(E-Mail Removed)

"olfart" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bpbaur$1m834o$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...

> "Joost Berculo" <nospam at berculo.com> wrote in message
> news:3fb9281e$0$204$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > "Treb" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > I have no idea how to open the Bios (F2 on start-up) as I forgot the

> Bios
> > > Password. I tried to find some help at the Sony Support site, but have

> not
> > > been able to succeed.

> > Remove the bios-battery from the mainboard, wait a few minutes and the
> > re-insert it.
> >
> > You will be able to access your BIOS again, but all settings are gone.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Joost.
> >

> Actually the settings won't be *gone* It will revert to default settings
> which should allow you to boot, etc. You will have to update the settings

if
> you ever changed any from the default settings.

pf

I have the same problem with accessing the BIOS on my Compaq Presario 1685.

Is the same solution recommended for the Presario (removing the BIOS battery for
a few minutes)? Is there no button or jumper on the motherboard to push?

Peter F.

Joost Berculo wrote:

> "Treb" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > I have no idea how to open the Bios (F2 on start-up) as I forgot the Bios
> > Password. I tried to find some help at the Sony Support site, but have not
> > been able to succeed.

> Remove the bios-battery from the mainboard, wait a few minutes and the
> re-insert it.
>
> You will be able to access your BIOS again, but all settings are gone.
>
> Regards,
> Joost.

IC

pf wrote:
> I have the same problem with accessing the BIOS on my Compaq Presario
> 1685.
>
> Is the same solution recommended for the Presario (removing the BIOS
> battery for a few minutes)? Is there no button or jumper on the
> motherboard to push?
>
> Peter F.

There is usually a jumper, labeled CMOS reset or something similar, but it's
easier to just remove and replace the battery. BTW, be sure the computer is
not plugged in when you do so. Just pull the AC cord while you
remove/replace the battery, then plug it back in.

> Joost Berculo wrote:
>
>> "Treb" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> I have no idea how to open the Bios (F2 on start-up) as I forgot
>>> the Bios Password. I tried to find some help at the Sony Support
>>> site, but have not been able to succeed.

>> Remove the bios-battery from the mainboard, wait a few minutes and
>> the re-insert it.
>>
>> You will be able to access your BIOS again, but all settings are
>> gone.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Joost.

conradodav conradodav is offline
Junior Member

If anyone wants support on sony vaio bios passwords for pcg models you can write to conradodav at hotmail dot com or visit laptoprebirth dot com