Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > talking software

talking software

Jake_

Hello I just wanted to ask if anybody know's of an application that can read
text and then speak it
i have tryed a program called speakonia it work pretty well but i would like
one that works even better

Thanks : )

Brian H

Jake_ said:

> Hello I just wanted to ask if anybody know's of an application that can read
> text and then speak it
> i have tryed a program called speakonia it work pretty well but i would like
> one that works even better
>
> Thanks : )

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...text+to+speech

Jerri

"Jake_" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3fb8976e$0$13682$(E-Mail Removed) u...
> Hello I just wanted to ask if anybody know's of an application that can

read
> text and then speak it
> i have tryed a program called speakonia it work pretty well but i would

like
> one that works even better
>
> Thanks : )

There are screen readers developed especially for the visually impaired. One
is called JAWS, and it is probably the most popular. It is expensive though.
There is a screen reader called Read Please, which can be downloaded in a
free and deluxe version ... you might try a search on "screen reader".
Jerri

Rob

Jake_ wrote:
> Hello I just wanted to ask if anybody know's of an application that
> can read text and then speak it
> i have tryed a program called speakonia it work pretty well but i
> would like one that works even better
>
> Thanks : )

Narrator, an accessibility program in Accessories in WinXP.

[META] Talking about talking about C. Seebs C Programming 113 11-24-2010 08:57 AM
Voip Software Less Then 500$ !!! vm,sm,vps,portaone,mera,talking sip ETC vmsell VOIP 0 02-01-2007 07:04 PM
4 computers 2 not talking to each other Carol Wireless Networking 8 12-30-2005 06:11 PM
Talking software? solo29@shaw.ca VOIP 6 11-14-2004 01:33 AM
where can I find book/resources talking about DSP design using VHDL? walala VHDL 1 09-01-2003 09:54 AM

Advertisments