Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Canon Laser Printer driver problem.

Canon Laser Printer driver problem.

Dave Croft

In an attempt to get the blind to lead the blind my friend
rang to say that his new computer installed today will not work with his
Cannon LBP-800 Laser Printer.
Win XP just refuses to accept the driver.
Does anyone know if a suitable driver exists anywhere.
I have tried Google but I can't find anything.
TIA
--
Dave Croft
Warrington

horizon

"Dave Croft" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:s8Rtb.1127$(E-Mail Removed)...
> In an attempt to get the blind to lead the blind my friend
> rang to say that his new computer installed today will not work with his
> Cannon LBP-800 Laser Printer.
> Win XP just refuses to accept the driver.
> Does anyone know if a suitable driver exists anywhere.
> I have tried Google but I can't find anything.
> TIA
> --
> Dave Croft
> Warrington
> England

found this on google:

http://www.driverforum.com/printer4/4095.html

Paul - xxx

Dave Croft tried to scribble ...

> In an attempt to get the blind to lead the blind my friend
> rang to say that his new computer installed today will not work with
> his Cannon LBP-800 Laser Printer.
> Win XP just refuses to accept the driver.
> Does anyone know if a suitable driver exists anywhere.
> I have tried Google but I can't find anything.
> TIA

Canon UK site only has a W2k driver .. dunno if this is any good though ..
http://ww2.canon.co.uk/driverdownload/

--
Digweed

Dave Croft

=1064374771
"Paul - xxx" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:bp8o45$1ju4no$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> Dave Croft tried to scribble ...
>
> > In an attempt to get the blind to lead the blind my friend
> > rang to say that his new computer installed today will not work with
> > his Cannon LBP-800 Laser Printer.
> > Win XP just refuses to accept the driver.
> > Does anyone know if a suitable driver exists anywhere.
> > I have tried Google but I can't find anything.

> Canon UK site only has a W2k driver .. dunno if this is any good though ..
> http://ww2.canon.co.uk/driverdownload/
> Digweed

Thanks Guys, I tried the driver site but it isn't there.
Looks like he might need a new printer.
--
Dave Croft
Warrington

Jimmy Dean

On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 20:32:20 -0000, "Dave Croft"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In an attempt to get the blind to lead the blind my friend
>rang to say that his new computer installed today will not work with his
>Cannon LBP-800 Laser Printer.
>Win XP just refuses to accept the driver.
>Does anyone know if a suitable driver exists anywhere.
>I have tried Google but I can't find anything.
>TIA

Have u tried www.driverguide.com

user: drivers
pwd: all

jd

Dave Croft

"Jimmy Dean" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 20:32:20 -0000, "Dave Croft"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >In an attempt to get the blind to lead the blind my friend
> >rang to say that his new computer installed today will not work with his
> >Cannon LBP-800 Laser Printer.
> >Win XP just refuses to accept the driver.
> >Does anyone know if a suitable driver exists anywhere.
> >I have tried Google but I can't find anything.
> >TIA

> Have u tried www.driverguide.com
> user: drivers
> pwd: all
> jd

Thanks Jim, I tried that last night & unfortunately Win MX isn't included .
--
Dave Croft
Warrington

Boomer

"Dave Croft" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:Ng2ub.1461$(E-Mail Removed):

> "Jimmy Dean" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 20:32:20 -0000, "Dave Croft"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> >In an attempt to get the blind to lead the blind my friend
>> >rang to say that his new computer installed today will not work
>> >with his Cannon LBP-800 Laser Printer.
>> >Win XP just refuses to accept the driver.
>> >Does anyone know if a suitable driver exists anywhere.
>> >I have tried Google but I can't find anything.
>> >TIA

>> Have u tried www.driverguide.com
>> user: drivers
>> pwd: all
>> jd

> Thanks Jim, I tried that last night & unfortunately Win MX isn't
> included . --
> Dave Croft
> Warrington
> England

Try this:
http://www.driverforum.com/printer4/4096.html

Dave Croft

"Boomer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:Xns94363476360CMailinatorcom@209.98.50.131...
> "Dave Croft" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:Ng2ub.1461$(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > "Jimmy Dean" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Try this:
> http://www.driverforum.com/printer4/4096.html

Thanks Boomer, Despite my friend ringing Canon UK who said there was
no driver that would work The method you posted of loading the 2000 driver did work.
Many thanks,

--
Dave Croft
Warrington

Boomer

"Dave Croft" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:6emub.2097$(E-Mail Removed):
> "Boomer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> "Dave Croft" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> news:Ng2ub.1461$(E-Mail Removed):
>>
>> > "Jimmy Dean" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

[snip]

>> Try this:
>> http://www.driverforum.com/printer4/4096.html

> Thanks Boomer, Despite my friend ringing Canon UK who said there
> was no driver that would work The method you posted of loading the
> 2000 driver did work. Many thanks,

You're welcome. Sorry it didn't work.

Dave Croft

news:3fba49de$0$31369$(E-Mail Removed) reenews.net...
> "Dave Croft" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> >> Try this:
> >> http://www.driverforum.com/printer4/4096.html

> > Thanks Boomer, Despite my friend ringing Canon UK who said there
> > was no driver that would work The method you posted of loading the
> > 2000 driver did work. Many thanks,

> You're welcome. Sorry it didn't work.

The method you posted did work. Thanx Again!
--
Dave Croft
Warrington