Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Right Click Menu Problem

Right Click Menu Problem

George Richards

Hope you good folks can help me with this minor, but irritating problem.

I have an entry in my context menu (the menu you get when you right click on
something) that is no longer valid. I would like to remove it, but don't
know how. I have tried re-installing, and then re-uninstalling the program
that created the entry, with no success.

I am using Windows XP Home.

I hope someone can tell me either how to solve the problem manually, or
suggest a freeware program that will do it for me.

Thank-you

Boomer

"George Richards" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:snztb.50053$(E-Mail Removed) :

> Hope you good folks can help me with this minor, but irritating
> problem.
>
> I have an entry in my context menu (the menu you get when you
> right click on something) that is no longer valid. I would like to
> remove it, but don't know how. I have tried re-installing, and
> then re-uninstalling the program that created the entry, with no
> success.
>
> I am using Windows XP Home.
>
> I hope someone can tell me either how to solve the problem
> manually, or suggest a freeware program that will do it for me.
>

> Thank-you

Look toward the very bottom of the page, see if this helps:
http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/win95/t1008775093

Harrison

It's called the context menu.
What is the invalid entry?

On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 19:18:34 -0500, "George Richards"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hope you good folks can help me with this minor, but irritating problem.
>
>I have an entry in my context menu (the menu you get when you right click on
>something) that is no longer valid. I would like to remove it, but don't
>know how. I have tried re-installing, and then re-uninstalling the program
>that created the entry, with no success.
>
>I am using Windows XP Home.
>
>I hope someone can tell me either how to solve the problem manually, or
>suggest a freeware program that will do it for me.
>

>Thank-you

°Mike°

Get Jv16 Power Tools and use the registry (orphan) cleaner.

On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 19:18:34 -0500, in
<snztb.50053$(E-Mail Removed)>
George Richards scrawled:

--
STGP, OGPE24HSHD

George Richards

news:Xns9434B9D689EE3Mailinatorcom@209.98.50.131.. .
> "George Richards" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:snztb.50053$(E-Mail Removed) :
>
> > Hope you good folks can help me with this minor, but irritating
> > problem.
> >
> > I have an entry in my context menu (the menu you get when you
> > right click on something) that is no longer valid. I would like to
> > remove it, but don't know how. I have tried re-installing, and
> > then re-uninstalling the program that created the entry, with no
> > success.
> >
> > I am using Windows XP Home.
> >
> > I hope someone can tell me either how to solve the problem
> > manually, or suggest a freeware program that will do it for me.
> >

> > Thank-you

> Look toward the very bottom of the page, see if this helps:
> http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/win95/t1008775093

Hello Boomer

I haven't seen any posts from you in a very long time over at acf. I have
missed you.

Although it was Mike who suggested the solution that was right for me (jv16
powertools), I wanted to thank you for your quick response.

George Richards

George Richards

"Harrison" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> It's called the context menu.
> What is the invalid entry?

Hello Harrison

The incorrect entry was "Set_as_Wallpaper". This entry was created by ESCO
Wallpaper Changer.

Although Mike suggested the best solution for me, I wanted to thank you for
taking an interest in my problem, and attempting to help.

George Richards

> On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 19:18:34 -0500, "George Richards"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >Hope you good folks can help me with this minor, but irritating problem.
> >
> >I have an entry in my context menu (the menu you get when you right click

on
> >something) that is no longer valid. I would like to remove it, but don't
> >know how. I have tried re-installing, and then re-uninstalling the

program
> >that created the entry, with no success.
> >
> >I am using Windows XP Home.
> >
> >I hope someone can tell me either how to solve the problem manually, or
> >suggest a freeware program that will do it for me.
> >

> >Thank-you

Patrick

George Richards wrote:
> Hope you good folks can help me with this minor, but irritating
> problem.
>
> I have an entry in my context menu (the menu you get when you right
> click on something) that is no longer valid. I would like to remove
> it, but don't know how. I have tried re-installing, and then
> re-uninstalling the program that created the entry, with no success.
>
> I am using Windows XP Home.
>
> I hope someone can tell me either how to solve the problem manually,
> or suggest a freeware program that will do it for me.
>

> Thank-you

Have you tried clicking the entry, if the thing is invalid (uninstalled) I
would have thought that you would get an error report and an offer to
redirect or delete.

George Richards

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Get Jv16 Power Tools and use the registry (orphan) cleaner.

I want to send you a big thank-you for providing the tool to solve my
problem. I do feel a little stupid though. I am a regular over at
news:alt.comp.freeware , and jv16 was considered pricelessware for a very
long time. Don't remember why I uninstalled it.

George Richards

> On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 19:18:34 -0500, in
> <snztb.50053$(E-Mail Removed)>
> George Richards scrawled:
>
> >Hope you good folks can help me with this minor, but irritating problem.
> >
> >I have an entry in my context menu (the menu you get when you right click

on
> >something) that is no longer valid. I would like to remove it, but don't
> >know how. I have tried re-installing, and then re-uninstalling the

program
> >that created the entry, with no success.
> >
> >I am using Windows XP Home.
> >
> >I hope someone can tell me either how to solve the problem manually, or
> >suggest a freeware program that will do it for me.
> >

> >Thank-you
> >

> --
> STGP, OGPE24HSHD

Boomer

"George Richards" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:4ZAtb.23118$(E-Mail Removed) :

> "Boomer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

[snip]
> Hello Boomer
>
> I haven't seen any posts from you in a very long time over at acf.
> I have missed you.
>
> Although it was Mike who suggested the solution that was right for
> me (jv16 powertools), I wanted to thank you for your quick
> response.
>
> George Richards

Hi George

I was over there this week IIRC. Usually I go to acfd.

I may poke in over there and give ya "heck". ;o)

So glad to see you over here! And I hope you stop by (without
problems) more often. )

Bryan

"George Richards" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:U4Btb.23179$(E-Mail Removed)
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Get Jv16 Power Tools and use the registry (orphan) cleaner.

> I want to send you a big thank-you for providing the tool to solve my
> problem. I do feel a little stupid though. I am a regular over at
> news:alt.comp.freeware , and jv16 was considered pricelessware for a
> very long time. Don't remember why I uninstalled it.
>
> George Richards

Good God! A person with manners!
How unusual in here, (I know, damn it).
Well typed George, and "hats off to you", pal!