Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Windows XP keeps restarting automatically before system finishes booting. GET ERROR: "We apologize for the inconveience but windows was not shutdown properly...."

Windows XP keeps restarting automatically before system finishes booting. GET ERROR: "We apologize for the inconveience but windows was not shutdown properly...."

DaWurm

Screen then gives me the option to start in normal, safe etc...
modes. No matter which one I try my system stops about 60
seconds in and gives me a blue screen error and then reboots. I
can't read the blue screen because it goes by so damn fast so
I'm not sure exactly what the problem is. ( Is there any way I
can pause that screen or is there a log kept that I could
access???) I have no idea what could have caused this so I
searched around the internet and found some people who had
similiar issues. One said to replace the kernel32.dll file
using the System Recovery option but it didn't work.

If anyone has any ideas on this one and thinks they can help let
me know.

Any response would be much appreciated.

mush97

Blaster 32. Worm

On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 15:01:42 -0500, DaWurm <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Screen then gives me the option to start in normal, safe etc...
>
>Any response would be much appreciated.

Daniel

"mush97" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Blaster 32. Worm

That "We appologize for the inconveience" part was also the worm too?
I'd hope that Microsoft isn't doing that type of an error message.

Maybe Blaster 32 was written by someone who is ****ed off at customer
service appologizing but not fixing?

> On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 15:01:42 -0500, DaWurm <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >Screen then gives me the option to start in normal, safe etc...
> >
> >Any response would be much appreciated.

Tom Smith

Try using the Windows XP CD and perform recovery or using a start-up disk.