Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Advice re hotmail account please

Advice re hotmail account please

Barb

When I download my hotmail through OE, I constantly get a box which pops up
and asks if I want to authorise my hotmail address to a particular email
address that I've never heard of. I keep clicking on 'no' but it comes up
time and time again and is really annoying.

Is there any way of stopping this, I use Norton antivirus, is it anything to
do with that?

Appreciate any help, as always!

Barb

°Mike°

I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but I'd check your
system for spyware/malware, if I were you.

Spybot Search & Destroy
http://spybot.eon.net.au/
http://www.safer-networking.org/

Ad-Aware
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

Spyware Blaster

HijackThis
http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/

On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 15:07:25 -0000, in
<bp5fhg$1kdo29$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de>
Barb scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

°Mike°

Oh, and deleting any cookies from:

msn.com
passport.com
passport.net
hotmail.com

and any variation of, might be a good idea.

--
Basic computer maintenance

Barb

Thanks for the advice, I have installed and run Spybot, but it hasn't made
any difference. How do I delete the cookies from those sites, is it through
Internet Options? Never been sure about this.

Appreciate the help.

Barab
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Oh, and deleting any cookies from:
>
> msn.com
> passport.com
> passport.net
> hotmail.com
>
> and any variation of, might be a good idea.
>

> On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 15:07:25 -0000, in
> <bp5fhg$1kdo29$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de>
> Barb scrawled:
>
> >When I download my hotmail through OE, I constantly get a box which pops

up
> >and asks if I want to authorise my hotmail address to a particular email
> >address that I've never heard of. I keep clicking on 'no' but it comes

up
> >time and time again and is really annoying.
> >
> >Is there any way of stopping this, I use Norton antivirus, is it anything

> >do with that?
> >
> >Appreciate any help, as always!
> >
> >Barb
> >

> --
> Basic computer maintenance

°Mike°

You delete cookies from the Windows\Cookies folder.
They are just text files, and will have the domain name
after the @ sign, something like http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) .

You can also use a third party cookie manager, like
Cookie Pal - managing cookies is *much* easier.
http://www.kburra.com/cpal.html

On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 14:57:15 -0000, in
<bp83ae$1m9h3e$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de>
Barb scrawled:

>Thanks for the advice, I have installed and run Spybot, but it
>hasn't made any difference. How do I delete the cookies from
>those sites, is it through Internet Options? Never been sure
>about this.
>
>Appreciate the help.
>
>Barab
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Oh, and deleting any cookies from:
>>
>> msn.com
>> passport.com
>> passport.net
>> hotmail.com
>>
>> and any variation of, might be a good idea.

<snip>

--
Basic computer maintenance

Barb

Thanks for that link, Mike. I've downloaded it and it seems a really
helpful programme.

Barb

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> You delete cookies from the Windows\Cookies folder.
> They are just text files, and will have the domain name
> after the @ sign, something like (E-Mail Removed) .
>
> You can also use a third party cookie manager, like
> Cookie Pal - managing cookies is *much* easier.
> http://www.kburra.com/cpal.html

°Mike°

You're welcome. I like it too; it's well worth the money.

On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 15:34:40 -0000, in
<bp85gj$1k5ala$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de>
Barb scrawled: