Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Word file attachment to hard drive?

Reply
Thread Tools

Word file attachment to hard drive?

 
 
Viewasku1977
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-15-2003
I just tried to copy a word file attached to my email to my hard drive. I
chose Save As but the link created opens a window that shows a connection
timeout. I also tried to save the file as an HTML page, and that didn't work
either. I assume I'm doing this wrong? What is the best way to save a Word
attachment (.doc extension) to your hard drive?

Thanks for any help.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Boomer
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-15-2003
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)ojuno (Viewasku1977) wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I just tried to copy a word file attached to my email to my hard
> drive. I chose Save As but the link created opens a window that
> shows a connection timeout. I also tried to save the file as an
> HTML page, and that didn't work either. I assume I'm doing this
> wrong? What is the best way to save a Word attachment (.doc
> extension) to your hard drive?
>
> Thanks for any help.


Hi

Why not just save it to your hard drive as a .doc file?
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
~˘makey$
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-15-2003
In outlook express you click on the attachment paperclip on upper right-hand
side of message, then save to a location that you prefer on your hardrive.
Usually if you have word installed, double-clicking on the attachment
paperclip will automatically open word, then you can choose to save as to a
location you prefer on your hardrive.

"Viewasku1977" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I just tried to copy a word file attached to my email to my hard drive. I
> chose Save As but the link created opens a window that shows a connection
> timeout. I also tried to save the file as an HTML page, and that didn't

work
> either. I assume I'm doing this wrong? What is the best way to save a

Word
> attachment (.doc extension) to your hard drive?
>
> Thanks for any help.



 
Reply With Quote
 
Viewasku1977
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-15-2003
Subject: Re: Word file attachment to hard drive?
From: Boomer
>Why not just save it to your hard drive as a .doc file?
>


Yeah, that worked! So now that it's saved (saved as a temp file just to
check), am I ok to delete the old mail? I'm unclear on what's just a shortcut
and what's its own file that isn't linked to the original attachment in the
email. Thanks for your help.

 
Reply With Quote
 
Boomer
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-15-2003
(E-Mail Removed)ojuno (Viewasku1977) wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Subject: Re: Word file attachment to hard drive?
> From: Boomer
>>Why not just save it to your hard drive as a .doc file?
>>

>
> Yeah, that worked! So now that it's saved (saved as a temp file
> just to check), am I ok to delete the old mail? I'm unclear on
> what's just a shortcut and what's its own file that isn't linked
> to the original attachment in the email. Thanks for your help.
>


I would transfer it out of your temp file and place it in a file like
"My Documents". Once it's safe there and you are sure you can open it
from there... sure you can delete the e-mail.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Boomer
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-15-2003
(E-Mail Removed)ojuno (Viewasku1977) wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Subject: Re: Word file attachment to hard drive?
> From: Boomer
>>Why not just save it to your hard drive as a .doc file?
>>

>
> Yeah, that worked! So now that it's saved (saved as a temp file
> just to check), am I ok to delete the old mail? I'm unclear on
> what's just a shortcut and what's its own file that isn't linked
> to the original attachment in the email. Thanks for your help.


Find where ever your *.doc is.
"Cut" it from that file folder and "paste" it into a file folder like
"My Documents".
Then make sure you can open that *.doc file once it is placed there.

Does that make sense?
 
Reply With Quote
 
Viewasku1977
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-15-2003
>I would transfer it out of your temp file and place it in a file like
>"My Documents". Once it's safe there and you are sure you can open it
>from there... sure you can delete the e-mail.
>


Great! I just moved the file to My Documents and it opened ok. Guess I'll go
delete the email now. My fear was that completely removing the original source
would cause the new file not to function correctly. I guess it doesn't work
like that?
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
attachment/Text to word Randy E Schaben Computer Support 3 04-07-2006 08:03 PM
Word file not opening from Adm -My recent docs but opening from file menu of Word Thaqalain Computer Support 0 06-30-2005 02:20 AM
Word attachment on windows 2003 / iis6 sqlboy2000 ASP .Net 2 11-17-2004 05:04 PM
Word attachment all scrambled Beth Mitchell Computer Support 4 10-16-2003 11:39 AM
creating an e-mail with a dynamic word attachment Bertus Dam ASP .Net 0 08-26-2003 10:59 AM



Advertisments