Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Explorer saving pics only as .bmp

Explorer saving pics only as .bmp

Aspidistra

Suddenly and for no apparent reason (no new software loaded, no fiddling or
tweaking lately!) I can only save images in .bmp format, rather than the
..jpg that they usually are. I'm baffled, can anyone tell me how to fix this?

Thanks

Gareth not NLL or anybody else.

"Aspidistra" <yourwel@com> wrote in message
news:3fb4ac03$0$22606$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Suddenly and for no apparent reason (no new software loaded, no fiddling

or
> tweaking lately!) I can only save images in .bmp format, rather than the
> .jpg that they usually are. I'm baffled, can anyone tell me how to fix

this?

> Thanks

Try clearing your browser cache.
The same problem happened to me and i got told to clear it to.
hopefully that should sort it.

Gaz

Harry H.

"Aspidistra" <yourwel@com> schreef in bericht
news:3fb4ac03$0$22606$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Suddenly and for no apparent reason (no new software loaded, no fiddling

or
> tweaking lately!) I can only save images in .bmp format, rather than the
> .jpg that they usually are. I'm baffled, can anyone tell me how to fix

this?

> Thanks

See Microsoft KB 810978
http://tinyurl.com/uzrm

Harry

Aspidistra

Thanks Gareth and Harry, that worked, back to normal now!