Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > MIRC Emergency

MIRC Emergency

James Langley

I have just realised I have a very suspicious program running in my
start-up. It is kind of a hybrid of MIRC but with ablack screen and a
program icon with a cross in it. It automatically starts and I can hear it
pinging in the background, only I can't stop it!

Any ideas please?????

James

Boomer

"James Langley" <.> wrote in
news:3fb3f478$0$12675$(E-Mail Removed):

> I have just realised I have a very suspicious program running in
> my start-up. It is kind of a hybrid of MIRC but with ablack
> screen and a program icon with a cross in it. It automatically
> starts and I can hear it pinging in the background, only I can't
> stop it!
>
> Any ideas please?????
>
> James

Install, at least, the first three.
Check for updates weekly and use often.

Ad-aware (Aims at Adware/Spyware.)
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

SpybotSD Aims for the dialers, trojans,
hijackers and security/privacy issues.
http://www.safer-networking.org/

Spyware Blaster

http://vipmeister.com/dl/aspy/aspy.html

Info on above and more.

Parasites: Cookies, Dialers, Keyloggers, Trackers
http://www.generation.net/~hleboeuf/bhoindex.htm

~ Spyware Information ~
http://www.cexx.org/adware.htm

~Unsolicited commercial software list and info~
http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/

~Other software~
http://www.wilders.org/

Newsgroup: alt.privacy.spyware

°Mike°

Online Antivirus scanners:
--------------------------
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/hous...start_corp.asp
http://www.ravantivirus.com/scan/ [See **]

** Caveat:
http://archives.neohapsis.com/archiv...3-07/0240.html

Anti-virus programs:
--------------------
eZ Antivirus (Computer Associates)

Vet (Computer Associates)
http://www.vet.com.au/html/products/index.html

KAV (Kaspersky)
http://www.kaspersky.com/

Sophos
http://www.sophos.com/products/software/antivirus/

NOD32
http://www.nod32.com/home/home.htm

Norman Virus Control
http://www.norman.com/products_nvc.shtml

F-Prot
http://www.f-prot.com/download/

AVG
http://www.grisoft.com/

Online Antitrojan scanner:
----------------------
http://www.trojanscan.com/

Anti-trojan programs:
----------------------
Trojan Remover
http://www.simplysup.com/

Trojan Hunter
http://www.misec.net/trojanhunter.jsp

Trojan Defence Suite (TDS-3)
http://tds.diamondcs.com.au/

Tauscan
http://www.agnitum.com/products/tauscan/

Anti-spyware:
---------------------
Spybot Search & Destroy
http://spybot.eon.net.au/
http://www.safer-networking.org/

Ad-Aware
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

Spyware Blaster

HijackThis
http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 21:15:34 -0000, in
<3fb3f478$0$12675$(E-Mail Removed)>
James Langley scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Richard

James! wrote:

> I have just realised I have a very suspicious program running in my
> start-up. It is kind of a hybrid of MIRC but with ablack screen and a
> program icon with a cross in it. It automatically starts and I can hear
> it pinging in the background, only I can't stop it!

> Any ideas please?????

> James

Reformat hard drive.
install linux.

[ Doc Jeff ]

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 16:47:32 -0600, "Richard" <anonymous@127.000>
wrote:

> James! wrote:
>
> > I have just realised I have a very suspicious program running in my
> > start-up. It is kind of a hybrid of MIRC but with ablack screen and a
> > program icon with a cross in it. It automatically starts and I can hear
> > it pinging in the background, only I can't stop it!

> > Any ideas please?????

> > James

>Reformat hard drive.
>install linux.

No. People who can't deal correctly with Windows have no business
messing with Linux.

IRC and mIRC help requested - please read inside. TIA Chocolate Sauce Computer Support 4 07-27-2004 08:47 AM
Re: Mirc Humor Network Guru MCSE 5 04-02-2004 01:33 AM
Emergency MIRC James Langley Computer Support 3 11-14-2003 12:22 AM
mIRC help Please Nutter Computer Support 1 09-29-2003 10:50 AM
how to use mozilla as browser in mirc 6.03? Christoph Firefox 1 08-17-2003 01:56 AM

Advertisments