Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Running games from CD

Running games from CD

Steve 'Wacko'

I have recently obtained a copy of Championship Manager 4 from Win MX....The
problem is that it is running straight from the PC, is there a way I can run
it from the CD I have burned it onto.

It is running far to slow from the PC and just wondered if there was a
way.??

Many Thanks In Advance

Steve

--
----------Pull The Pin to Reply-------------

-= Hawk =-

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 19:09:40 -0000, "Steve 'Wacko'"
<(E-Mail Removed)> scribbled:

>I have recently obtained a copy of Championship Manager 4 from Win MX....The
>problem is that it is running straight from the PC, is there a way I can run
>it from the CD I have burned it onto.
>
>It is running far to slow from the PC and just wondered if there was a
>way.??

Buy it you thieving bastard.

Riddles II, v3
- T. Pratchett

Mike J

Running from the cd will not be faster. It works the other way around.

I think Your system needs some maintenance.

"Steve 'Wacko'" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bp0kp6$3df$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have recently obtained a copy of Championship Manager 4 from Win

MX....The
> problem is that it is running straight from the PC, is there a way I can

run
> it from the CD I have burned it onto.
>
> It is running far to slow from the PC and just wondered if there was a
> way.??
>
> Many Thanks In Advance
>
> Steve
>
> --
> ----------Pull The Pin to Reply-------------

roach

what are you talking about?
99% of games have to be installed before use
which means its got to run from the hard drive

either you have a crap pc or it needs sorting

There is a solution!"

http://mail.spaminspector.com

"Steve 'Wacko'" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bp0kp6$3df$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have recently obtained a copy of Championship Manager 4 from Win

MX....The
> problem is that it is running straight from the PC, is there a way I can

run
> it from the CD I have burned it onto.
>
> It is running far to slow from the PC and just wondered if there was a
> way.??
>
> Many Thanks In Advance
>
> Steve
>
> --
> ----------Pull The Pin to Reply-------------

Mike J

PS: Basic computer maintenance

VoptXP
http://www.vopt.com/VoptXP.htm

install AdAware
& Spy-bot
http://download.com.com/3000-2144-10...ml?tag=lst-0-1

"Steve 'Wacko'" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bp0kp6$3df$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have recently obtained a copy of Championship Manager 4 from Win

MX....The
> problem is that it is running straight from the PC, is there a way I can

run
> it from the CD I have burned it onto.
>
> It is running far to slow from the PC and just wondered if there was a
> way.??
>
> Many Thanks In Advance
>
> Steve
>
> --
> ----------Pull The Pin to Reply-------------

bb3

"Mike J" <Backup_for_mjb@**REMOVE**hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

I'll throw this in since you forgot...
Courtesy of °Mike°
> PS: Basic computer maintenance

<snip>

Boomer

"bb3" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:_4Rsb.250434$(E-Mail Removed):

> "Mike J" <Backup_for_mjb@**REMOVE**hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> I'll throw this in since you forgot...
> Courtesy of °Mike°

I like that part.. "Courtesy of °Mike°"

>> PS: Basic computer maintenance
>>

> <snip>

bb3

news:3fb3de99$0$31375$(E-Mail Removed) reenews.net...
> "bb3" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:_4Rsb.250434$(E-Mail Removed):
>

> > "Mike J" <Backup_for_mjb@**REMOVE**hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > I'll throw this in since you forgot...
> > Courtesy of °Mike°

> I like that part.. "Courtesy of °Mike°"

It's his page...he deserves the credit.

> >> PS: Basic computer maintenance
> >>

> > <snip>

Boomer

"bb3" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:4nRsb.57419$(E-Mail Removed):

> "Boomer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:3fb3de99$0$31375$(E-Mail Removed) reenews.net...
>> "bb3" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> news:_4Rsb.250434$(E-Mail Removed):
>>

>> > "Mike J" <Backup_for_mjb@**REMOVE**hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >
>> > I'll throw this in since you forgot...
>> > Courtesy of °Mike°

>> I like that part.. "Courtesy of °Mike°"

> It's his page...he deserves the credit.

You got that right!

Mike works hard and deserves a lot of credit!
Even a beer or two. ;o)

>> > <snip>

bb3

news:3fb3e427$0$31375$(E-Mail Removed) reenews.net...
> "bb3" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:4nRsb.57419$(E-Mail Removed):
>

> > "Boomer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:3fb3de99$0$31375$(E-Mail Removed) reenews.net...
> >> "bb3" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> >> news:_4Rsb.250434$(E-Mail Removed):

> >> I like that part.. "Courtesy of °Mike°"

> > It's his page...he deserves the credit.

> You got that right!
>
> Mike works hard and deserves a lot of credit!
> Even a beer or two. ;o)

I'd certainly buy him a few pints.