Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > ISScript error on Install

ISScript error on Install

Grimtooth

I am running Windows XP, and whenever I try to install or uninstall
anything, before it starts installing or uninstalling, I window pops up that
says:

The feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable disk
that is not available

Insert the 'ISScript' disk and click okay.

Use Feature From:
[And then there's a dropdown box that says:] 1

If I click cancel, it comes up 1 or 2 more times, and if I continue clicking
cancel through it, they will eventually stop coming up and the installation
or uninstall will finish as normal. It's not interfering with the install
or uninstilation, but it's really annoying.

--

"There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what
the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be

There is another which states that this has already happened."

~ Douglas Adams "The Restaraunt
at the End of the Universe"

°Mike°

When you try to install a program after upgrading to
Windows XP, you receive a message similar to: 'The
feature you are trying to use is on a network resource
that is unavailable'
http://www.jsiinc.com/SUBN/tip6700/rh6768.htm

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 03:50:00 -0500, in
<3fb345b3$0$60828$(E-Mail Removed)>
Grimtooth scrawled:

>I am running Windows XP, and whenever I try to install or uninstall
>anything, before it starts installing or uninstalling, I window pops up that
>says:
>
>The feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable disk
>that is not available
>
>Insert the 'ISScript' disk and click okay.
>
>Use Feature From:
>[And then there's a dropdown box that says:] 1
>
>If I click cancel, it comes up 1 or 2 more times, and if I continue clicking
>cancel through it, they will eventually stop coming up and the installation
>or uninstall will finish as normal. It's not interfering with the install
>or uninstilation, but it's really annoying.

--
Basic computer maintenance