Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > PCAnywhere across a network

PCAnywhere across a network

Cliff Scridloe

I've got one PC at my business which is a dedicated security monitor which
outputs to two monitors, one a 16 shot general surveillance of the premises,
and another more detailed view of four particular areas. I've also got a PC
in a back office which doesn't do much at all, and I'd like to set it up to
show the four-view monitor or one of the four areas on this monitor so that
I can see whenever a customer enters the store. The seller offered to
recable from the camera to this PC and setup a second installation of their
software for $5,000. Seeing as how the existing PC and the PC driving the
live surveillance are both on my in-house network, surely I can do this much
cheaper and easier using PCAnywhere or something similar.

Any suggestions?

pcbutts1

$5000.00!!!!! what DVR is that Loronix? Take a look at our Sharpvision DVR,
use the link in my sig. It does everything for half the price and has both
web based viewing and remote monitoring all included. No need for
pcAnywhere.

"Cliff Scridloe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bov4m6$1ehb46$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> I've got one PC at my business which is a dedicated security monitor which
> outputs to two monitors, one a 16 shot general surveillance of the

premises,
> and another more detailed view of four particular areas. I've also got a

PC
> in a back office which doesn't do much at all, and I'd like to set it up

> show the four-view monitor or one of the four areas on this monitor so

that
> I can see whenever a customer enters the store. The seller offered to
> recable from the camera to this PC and setup a second installation of

their
> software for $5,000. Seeing as how the existing PC and the PC driving the
> live surveillance are both on my in-house network, surely I can do this

much
> cheaper and easier using PCAnywhere or something similar.
>
> Any suggestions?

Cliff Scridloe

pcbutts1 wrote:
> $5000.00!!!!! what DVR is that Loronix? Take a look at our
> Sharpvision DVR, use the link in my sig. It does everything for half
> the price and has both web based viewing and remote monitoring all
> included. No need for pcAnywhere.

$5,000 Australian = c. US$3,500, but it's still too rich for my blood - as
would shelling out for a new system when hopefully there's a software
workaround out there. Any ideas anyone?

> "Cliff Scridloe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bov4m6$1ehb46$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
>> I've got one PC at my business which is a dedicated security monitor
>> which outputs to two monitors, one a 16 shot general surveillance of
>> the premises, and another more detailed view of four particular
>> areas. I've also got a PC in a back office which doesn't do much at
>> all, and I'd like to set it up to show the four-view monitor or one
>> of the four areas on this monitor so that I can see whenever a
>> customer enters the store. The seller offered to recable from the
>> camera to this PC and setup a second installation of their software
>> for $5,000. Seeing as how the existing PC and the PC driving the
>> live surveillance are both on my in-house network, surely I can do
>> this much cheaper and easier using PCAnywhere or something similar.
>>
>> Any suggestions?

pcbutts1

They should have remote software for you to use. Which dvr is it?

news:bovg33$1itolo$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...