Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > How does one use IRDA?

How does one use IRDA?

richmac

Hi,

I'm trying to find out how to transfer photos from a digital camera to the
computer.
I've got active IrDA "dongle" (?), but can get only one photo transferred so
far. All further efforts just give a big "!" on the screen.

I also get a message that another computer is nearby and an icon which shows
a wireless laptop, but I don't know what it's about.

Camera's user manual doesn't even mention how to get photos to computer.
Their site has download software but descriptions are all in French, too
many to translate one by one. No response to e-mail questions yet.

Please help, running out of storage.

Rich

Boomer

"richmac" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to find out how to transfer photos from a digital
> camera to the computer.
> I've got active IrDA "dongle" (?), but can get only one photo
> transferred so far. All further efforts just give a big "!" on the
> screen.
>
> I also get a message that another computer is nearby and an icon
> which shows a wireless laptop, but I don't know what it's about.
>
> Camera's user manual doesn't even mention how to get photos to
> computer. Their site has download software but descriptions are
> all in French, too many to translate one by one. No response to
> e-mail questions yet.
>
> Please help, running out of storage.
>
> Rich

Maybe something here?

http://www.irda.org/use/start.htm

richmac

"Boomer" <(E-Mail Removed)> 在郵件
news:3fb1e052$0$31374$(E-Mail Removed) reenews.net 中撰寫...
> "richmac" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm trying to find out how to transfer photos from a digital
> > camera to the computer.
> > I've got active IrDA "dongle" (?), but can get only one photo
> > transferred so far. All further efforts just give a big "!" on the
> > screen.
> >
> > I also get a message that another computer is nearby and an icon
> > which shows a wireless laptop, but I don't know what it's about.
> >
> > Camera's user manual doesn't even mention how to get photos to
> > computer. Their site has download software but descriptions are
> > all in French, too many to translate one by one. No response to
> > e-mail questions yet.
> >
> > Please help, running out of storage.
> >
> > Rich

> Maybe something here?
>
> http://www.irda.org/use/start.htm

Thanks. Haven't read the whole site yet, but looks like what I need.

> "Boomer" <(E-Mail Removed)> 在郵件
> news:3fb1e052$0$31374$(E-Mail Removed) reenews.net
> 中撰寫...
>> "richmac" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I'm trying to find out how to transfer photos from a digital
>> > camera to the computer.
>> > I've got active IrDA "dongle" (?), but can get only one photo
>> > transferred so far. All further efforts just give a big "!" on
>> > the screen.
>> >
>> > I also get a message that another computer is nearby and an
>> > icon which shows a wireless laptop, but I don't know what it's
>> > about.
>> >
>> > Camera's user manual doesn't even mention how to get photos to
>> > computer. Their site has download software but descriptions are
>> > all in French, too many to translate one by one. No response to
>> > e-mail questions yet.
>> >
>> > Please help, running out of storage.
>> >
>> > Rich

>> Maybe something here?
>>
>> http://www.irda.org/use/start.htm

> Thanks. Haven't read the whole site yet, but looks like what I
> need.
>
> Rich

You're welcome. Good luck!