Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > MS Word 98 page numbering

MS Word 98 page numbering

NG

Hi All,

When I print out my word document, half of the page numbers at the
centre-bottom of the page are chopped off! When I check them in the print
preview, they are half-chopped off too there.

Any ideas how I can get it so that it prints the whole page number?

Thanks in advance

Oldus Fartus

| Hi All,
|
| When I print out my word document, half of the page numbers at the
| centre-bottom of the page are chopped off! When I check them in the
| print preview, they are half-chopped off too there.
|
| Any ideas how I can get it so that it prints the whole page number?
|
| Thanks in advance

Sounds like paper setup problems - check that your paper size in Word is
the same as that in your printer properties, and also the same size as
the paper actually loaded in the printer.

--
Cheers
Oldus Fartus

Harvey Van Sickle

> Hi All,
>
> When I print out my word document, half of the page numbers at
> the centre-bottom of the page are chopped off! When I check them
> in the print preview, they are half-chopped off too there.
>
> Any ideas how I can get it so that it prints the whole page
> number?

For your existing documents, open the document; go to File>Page Setup;
and reduce the size of the bottom margin.

To make all new documents use this as the default, you'll need to edit
"normal.dot".

Go to Program Files>Microsoft Office>Templates; right click on
"normal.dot"; select "Open" (*not* "New").

Go to File>Page Setup, and reduce the size of the bottom margin.
(Fiddle with the other margins as well, if you wish.)

Save and exit.

HTH

--
Cheers,
Harvey

For e-mail, change harvey to whhvs.

Suzanne S. Barnhill

The bottom margin has nothing to do with it. The problem is the footer
margin. See http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Format...sDontPrint.htm

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Harvey Van Sickle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> > Hi All,
> >
> > When I print out my word document, half of the page numbers at
> > the centre-bottom of the page are chopped off! When I check them
> > in the print preview, they are half-chopped off too there.
> >
> > Any ideas how I can get it so that it prints the whole page
> > number?
>
> For your existing documents, open the document; go to File>Page Setup;
> and reduce the size of the bottom margin.
>
> To make all new documents use this as the default, you'll need to edit
> "normal.dot".
>
> Go to Program Files>Microsoft Office>Templates; right click on
> "normal.dot"; select "Open" (*not* "New").
>
> Go to File>Page Setup, and reduce the size of the bottom margin.
> (Fiddle with the other margins as well, if you wish.)
>
> Save and exit.
>
> HTH
>
> --
> Cheers,
> Harvey
>
> For e-mail, change harvey to whhvs.

Suzanne S. Barnhill

See http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Format...sDontPrint.htm

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)
Words into Type
Fairhope, Alabama USA
Word MVP FAQ site: http://www.mvps.org/word
all may benefit.

> Hi All,
>
> When I print out my word document, half of the page numbers at the
> centre-bottom of the page are chopped off! When I check them in the print
> preview, they are half-chopped off too there.
>
> Any ideas how I can get it so that it prints the whole page number?
>
> Thanks in advance

Harvey Van Sickle

On 11 Nov 2003, Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote

> The bottom margin has nothing to do with it. The problem is the
> footer margin. See
> http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Format...sDontPrint.htm

Oh -- thanks for that.

(I could've sworn I solved the same problem by doing the bottom-margin
thing: I know I've never even touched headers and footers in any way.)

--
Cheers,
Harvey

For e-mail, change harvey to whhvs.

Suzanne S. Barnhill

You don't have to touch the footers to change the footer margin (Layout or
Margins tab of Page Setup).