Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Windows Journal Viewer---what's it for?

Windows Journal Viewer---what's it for?

Dick M.

When I try to open a pdf file, a window appears saying that
Microsoft Windows Journal Viewer is looking for a file and
can't find it. What is this all about?

I have Xp home and adobe reader 6.0.

Roy Jones

On Sun, 9 Nov 2003 14:26:29 -0700, Dick M. wrote:

> When I try to open a pdf file, a window appears saying that
> Microsoft Windows Journal Viewer is looking for a file and
> can't find it. What is this all about?
>
> I have Xp home and adobe reader 6.0.

The Journal Viewer is an app for viewing files created on tablet PCs using
the Microsoft Journal.

You probably downloaded the viewer when you picked up an update from the
Microsoft site. I don't know why, but it tries to run when you call Acrobat
Reader ver.6. I haven't seen it cause any problems with version 5.

The simple fix is to remove the Journal Viewer from your system if you
don't need it.

Roy