Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Negative Condition Filters in OE 6

Negative Condition Filters in OE 6

Arthur

.. . . by which I mean . . .

I know that Netscape Messenger has a filter that says (for example) 'if
the TO doesn't contain my name, send to Trash'. Is there any such
negative ('if it *doesn't* contain . . .') in OE6? TIA, Arthur
--
You'll have to drop my opinion of the Yanks if you want to e-mail me.

Brian H¹©

Arthur said:

> . . . by which I mean . . .
>
> I know that Netscape Messenger has a filter that says (for example) 'if
> the TO doesn't contain my name, send to Trash'. Is there any such
> negative ('if it *doesn't* contain . . .') in OE6? TIA, Arthur

Click on the Options button for the rule you are creating.

°Mike°

Yes, when you have added a name, press the 'Options'
button in the filter dialog, and it will give you the option:
'Message does not contain the people below'.

On Sun, 09 Nov 2003 16:25:13 GMT, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Arthur scrawled:

>. . . by which I mean . . .
>
>I know that Netscape Messenger has a filter that says (for example) 'if
>the TO doesn't contain my name, send to Trash'. Is there any such
>negative ('if it *doesn't* contain . . .') in OE6? TIA, Arthur

--
Basic computer maintenance

MayB

"Arthur" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> . . . by which I mean . . .
>
> I know that Netscape Messenger has a filter that says (for example) 'if
> the TO doesn't contain my name, send to Trash'. Is there any such
> negative ('if it *doesn't* contain . . .') in OE6? TIA, Arthur
> --
> You'll have to drop my opinion of the Yanks if you want to e-mail me.

If it weren't for the Yanks, your ass would be toast!

Patrick

MayB wrote:
> "Arthur" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> . . . by which I mean . . .
>>
>> I know that Netscape Messenger has a filter that says (for example)
>> 'if the TO doesn't contain my name, send to Trash'. Is there any
>> such negative ('if it *doesn't* contain . . .') in OE6? TIA, Arthur
>> --
>> You'll have to drop my opinion of the Yanks if you want to e-mail me.

> If it weren't for the Yanks, your ass would be toast!

More like, :waiting on the yanks, England was 'toast', :without yanks
eventually, England would have been 'cinders'

trout

MayB wrote:

> "Arthur" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote

<snip>

>> You'll have to drop my opinion of the Yanks if you want to e-mail me.

> If it weren't for the Yanks, your ass would be toast!

And just whom are the Americans preventing from attacking Canada?
Mexico?
--
"Have you heard something?"

trout

Arthur wrote:
<snip>

>You'll have to drop my opinion of the Yanks if you want to e-mail me.

Leaving aside the rather bad taste of your 'munge'; whatever you use
should come to the *right* of the "@" in the address.
While the spam isn't being sent to *your* inbox; you are still
causing spam to be sent to Shaw; which affects all customers, there.
--
"Don't be part of the problem."

Mara

On Sun, 9 Nov 2003 15:12:00 -0800, trout wrote:

>MayB wrote:
>
>> "Arthur" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote

><snip>
>
>>> You'll have to drop my opinion of the Yanks if you want to e-mail me.

>> If it weren't for the Yanks, your ass would be toast!

> And just whom are the Americans preventing from attacking Canada?
>Mexico?

Tapirs.

"We (tinw) don't want them taking over your pond, after all."

--
Speech isn't free when it comes postage due. --Jim Nitchals

Patrick

trout wrote:
> MayB wrote:
>
>> "Arthur" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote

> <snip>
>
>>> You'll have to drop my opinion of the Yanks if you want to e-mail
>>> me.

>> If it weren't for the Yanks, your ass would be toast!

> And just whom are the Americans preventing from attacking Canada?
> Mexico?

Teddy and Polar bears !

--
Martians as well.. and Trolls from under the ground !!!
PPS and Trolls from under the ground !

Blinky the Shark

trout wrote:
> MayB wrote:

>> "Arthur" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote

><snip>

>>> You'll have to drop my opinion of the Yanks if you want to e-mail me.

>> If it weren't for the Yanks, your ass would be toast!

> And just whom are the Americans preventing from attacking Canada?
> Mexico?

Think of us as a very wide buffer zone.

--
Blinky - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Linux RU 297263
Microsoft, 23 Oct: "As a result of challenges to our business model,