Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > computer freezing while cleaning temp files

computer freezing while cleaning temp files

Viewasku1977

Trying to do some routine maintenance after a rebuild, and it froze while
cleaning out temporary internet files. I restarted and the same thing
happened. Internet Properties is just not responding. Any thoughts of how to
fix this? Thanks.

°Mike°

Check my reply in your second post, about HD Valet.

On 08 Nov 2003 05:10:55 GMT, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Viewasku1977 scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Zermut

On 08 Nov 2003 05:10:55 GMT, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)ojuno (Viewasku1977)
wrote:

>Trying to do some routine maintenance after a rebuild, and it froze while
>cleaning out temporary internet files. I restarted and the same thing
>happened. Internet Properties is just not responding. Any thoughts of how to
>fix this? Thanks.

You can't fix it because the AOL software you have on your computer is
causing the problems. AOL software is notorious for screwing up a
perfectly running system.

Your only option is to reformat your hard drive and rebuilt it from
scratch. Do not reinstall the AOL software as it will screw the
computer up and why don't you just dump AOL as they cause more
problems.

Zermut

**************
Zermut: Kicking AOL ****wits in the head on Usenet since 1998

Zermut

On Sat, 08 Nov 2003 12:10:13 +0000, °Mike°
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Check my reply in your second post, about HD Valet.
>

>On 08 Nov 2003 05:10:55 GMT, in
> <(E-Mail Removed)>
> Viewasku1977 scrawled:
>
>>Trying to do some routine maintenance after a rebuild, and it froze while
>>cleaning out temporary internet files. I restarted and the same thing
>>happened. Internet Properties is just not responding. Any thoughts of how to
>>fix this? Thanks.

Hello Mike,

Why bother giving this AOLamer information? This person will just
bugger up their computer again by re-installing the AOHell software.

Why not just kick the person into your killfile and do away with it?

Zermut

**********************
Zermut: Kicking AOL ****wits in the head on Usenet since 1998

°Mike°

On Sat, 08 Nov 2003 17:18:35 GMT, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Zermut scrawled:

>On Sat, 08 Nov 2003 12:10:13 +0000, °Mike°
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Check my reply in your second post, about HD Valet.
>>

>>On 08 Nov 2003 05:10:55 GMT, in
>> <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> Viewasku1977 scrawled:
>>
>>>Trying to do some routine maintenance after a rebuild, and it froze while
>>>cleaning out temporary internet files. I restarted and the same thing
>>>happened. Internet Properties is just not responding. Any thoughts of how to
>>>fix this? Thanks.

>Hello Mike,
>
>Why bother giving this AOLamer information? This person will just
>bugger up their computer again by re-installing the AOHell software.
>
>Why not just kick the person into your killfile and do away with it?

How about I say "no", and advise you to fix your broken sig?

<snip broken sig>

--
Basic computer maintenance