Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re-dialing AOL

Re-dialing AOL

Kirstie

A Friend of mine has a problem with her dial up AOL account,basicly her
modem keeps dialing up all the time.
What's the best way to find out what program is doing that?
Or is it something else?
(does AOL use it's own browser or can u use OE?) .
Thanks K

Emrys Davies

'Kirstie',

AOL has a self contained system, but if you minimize its Home Page you
can access Outlook Express and Internet Explorer.

AOL has a freephone helpline and they will undoubtedly deal with the
problem which you have described.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

"Kirstie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:alWqb.1281$(E-Mail Removed)...
> A Friend of mine has a problem with her dial up AOL account,basicly

her
> modem keeps dialing up all the time.
> What's the best way to find out what program is doing that?
> Or is it something else?
> (does AOL use it's own browser or can u use OE?) .
> Thanks K

doS

"Kirstie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:alWqb.1281$(E-Mail Removed)...
> A Friend of mine has a problem with her dial up AOL account,basicly her
> modem keeps dialing up all the time.
> What's the best way to find out what program is doing that?
> Or is it something else?
> (does AOL use it's own browser or can u use OE?) .
> Thanks K

Professor

AOL has its own mail but you can use AOL to dial online and then use another
browser like IE or Netscape or Opera.
"Kirstie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:alWqb.1281$(E-Mail Removed)...
> A Friend of mine has a problem with her dial up AOL account,basicly her
> modem keeps dialing up all the time.
> What's the best way to find out what program is doing that?
> Or is it something else?
> (does AOL use it's own browser or can u use OE?) .
> Thanks K

nemo

Kirstie,

Your friend could try doing a ctrl+alt+del to see what tasks are
running or she could download and run "Hijack This":

http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/

and post the log back here. She should run it when the program is
dialling out.

Regards

nemo