Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Acrobat Reader

Acrobat Reader

Bigfred

I have discovered I have two versions of acrobat reader on my pc versions 4
and 5 is it ok to remove version 4 completely.

°Mike°

If you are lucky, and there are uninstall entries for both,
then do so - uninstall both, then re-install v5.

On Thu, 6 Nov 2003 22:57:46 -0000, in
<IlAqb.293$(E-Mail Removed)>
Bigfred scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

@}-}-------Rosee

I would remove both 4 and 5, then install version 6, which I like better.
But if it is working, I wouldn't tempt fate my fooling around with it. Your
mileage may vary. My 2˘....;o)

"Bigfred" <(E-Mail Removed)> chiseled in stone, the
following words news:IlAqb.293$(E-Mail Removed):

> I have discovered I have two versions of acrobat reader on my pc versions
> 4 and 5 is it ok to remove version 4 completely.

--
@}-}-------Rosee http://www.southerncaucus.org/hk18.htm
www.freedonation.com www.hungersite.com

Bigfred

Yes you are right they are listed together in add and remove programmes so I
will have to uninstall both however were can I download version 5.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> If you are lucky, and there are uninstall entries for both,
> then do so - uninstall both, then re-install v5.
>

> On Thu, 6 Nov 2003 22:57:46 -0000, in
> <IlAqb.293$(E-Mail Removed)>
> Bigfred scrawled:
>
> >I have discovered I have two versions of acrobat reader on my
> >pc versions 4 and 5 is it ok to remove version 4 completely.
> >

> --
> Basic computer maintenance
> http://uk.geocities.com/maintenance.html

Harrison

Version 6 is not available for Windows 98 first edition.

On Thu, 06 Nov 2003 17:18:33 -0600, "@}-}-------Rosee"
<!!GigAntiCBoSomS!!@Nip..com> wrote:

>I would remove both 4 and 5, then install version 6, which I like better.
>But if it is working, I wouldn't tempt fate my fooling around with it. Your
>mileage may vary. My 2˘....;o)
>
>"Bigfred" <(E-Mail Removed)> chiseled in stone, the
>following words news:IlAqb.293$(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> I have discovered I have two versions of acrobat reader on my pc versions
>> 4 and 5 is it ok to remove version 4 completely.

Harrison

On Thu, 6 Nov 2003 23:21:12 -0000, "Bigfred"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Yes you are right they are listed together in add and remove programmes so I
>will have to uninstall both however were can I download version 5.

>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> If you are lucky, and there are uninstall entries for both,
>> then do so - uninstall both, then re-install v5.
>>

>> On Thu, 6 Nov 2003 22:57:46 -0000, in
>> <IlAqb.293$(E-Mail Removed)>
>> Bigfred scrawled:
>>
>> >I have discovered I have two versions of acrobat reader on my
>> >pc versions 4 and 5 is it ok to remove version 4 completely.
>> >

>> --
>> Basic computer maintenance
>> http://uk.geocities.com/maintenance.html

°Mike°

You can get it here:
http://www.oldversion.com/program.php?n=acrobat

On Thu, 6 Nov 2003 23:21:12 -0000, in
<c1Bqb.6$(E-Mail Removed)>
Bigfred scrawled:

>Yes you are right they are listed together in add and remove
>programmes so I will have to uninstall both however were can
>I download version 5.

>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> If you are lucky, and there are uninstall entries for both,
>> then do so - uninstall both, then re-install v5.
>>

>> On Thu, 6 Nov 2003 22:57:46 -0000, in
>> <IlAqb.293$(E-Mail Removed)>
>> Bigfred scrawled:
>>
>> >I have discovered I have two versions of acrobat reader on my
>> >pc versions 4 and 5 is it ok to remove version 4 completely.
>> >

>> --
>> Basic computer maintenance
>> http://uk.geocities.com/maintenance.html

--
Basic computer maintenance

Bigfred

Thanks guys all sorted now..............thanks for your help........A Happy
Bunny.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> You can get it here:
> http://www.oldversion.com/program.php?n=acrobat
>

> On Thu, 6 Nov 2003 23:21:12 -0000, in
> <c1Bqb.6$(E-Mail Removed)>
> Bigfred scrawled:
>

> >Yes you are right they are listed together in add and remove
> >programmes so I will have to uninstall both however were can
> >I download version 5.
> >
> >"°Mike°" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> If you are lucky, and there are uninstall entries for both,
> >> then do so - uninstall both, then re-install v5.
> >>

> >> On Thu, 6 Nov 2003 22:57:46 -0000, in
> >> <IlAqb.293$(E-Mail Removed)>
> >> Bigfred scrawled:

> >> --
> >> Basic computer maintenance
> >> http://uk.geocities.com/maintenance.html

> --
> Basic computer maintenance

°Mike°

You're welcome.

On Fri, 7 Nov 2003 00:04:55 -0000, in
<DkBqb.134$(E-Mail Removed)>
Bigfred scrawled:

>Thanks guys all sorted now..............thanks for your help........A Happy
>Bunny.

>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> You can get it here:
>> http://www.oldversion.com/program.php?n=acrobat