Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Managed web site help

Managed web site help

Adam

Who says the hand isn't quicker than the eye? All I wanted to do was to
remove a web site that I had allowed to receive cookies from the managed
web sites field. However, I ticked remove all instead of just remove
that particular site...and of course while backing out, I ticked OK
instead of cancel. There was a reasonable list in the field that was
erased and I'm not sure how the entries got there. I guess I must have
put some in, but could my proxomitron or zonealarm spywareblaster or
adaware have added any of those entries? Bottomline: did I add the
entries to be blocked, or was it a combination of me and my protective
apps? Thansk,
Adam
Windows ME

--
To email, erase "forgetit"

Mr. Smiley

Adam wrote:
> Who says the hand isn't quicker than the eye? All I wanted to do was
> to remove a web site that I had allowed to receive cookies from the
> managed web sites field. However, I ticked remove all instead of
> just remove that particular site...and of course while backing out, I
> ticked OK instead of cancel. There was a reasonable list in the
> field that was erased and I'm not sure how the entries got there. I
> guess I must have put some in, but could my proxomitron or zonealarm
> spywareblaster or adaware have added any of those entries?
> Bottomline: did I add the entries to be blocked, or was it a
> combination of me and my protective apps? Thansk,
> Adam
> Windows ME

What Cookie man are you using?
I just started using CookieWall, making it prompt me
for cookie acceptance. I can't imagine how your spyblaster
or ZA could affect your cookies. By the way, Cookie wall only
has 3 modes, none, delete, and prompt. I have mine set on
prompt. That way, I can save cookies that autologon for me, etc.
Your cookie manager could be different. I use a popup killer
to do the Proximitron thing. [ a popup killer on steroids ]. I don't
see where it does cookies.

--
the abominable toner
computer maintenance links & tips on: