Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Home page problem

Home page problem

Alan

My homepage has been set to http://mysearchnow.com/
I've tried changing it to me preferred page in the usual way
(tools/options/home page/use current) but when I close MS explorer and
reopen it it returns to http://mysearchnow.com/ instead
How can I get rid of this -it's a useless page and very irritating?
TIA

Steven Burn

Spybot Search & Destroy (freeware)
http://security.kolla.de/index.php?l...&page=download

Ad-Aware
http://www.lavasoft.com

Spyware Blaster
http://www.it-mate.co.uk/main_conten...spywareblaster

--
Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group CEO
www.it-mate.co.uk

Disclaimer:

Alan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Zhbqb.3317$(E-Mail Removed)...
> My homepage has been set to http://mysearchnow.com/
> I've tried changing it to me preferred page in the usual way
> (tools/options/home page/use current) but when I close MS explorer and
> reopen it it returns to http://mysearchnow.com/ instead
> How can I get rid of this -it's a useless page and very irritating?
> TIA

Boomer

"Alan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:Zhbqb.3317$(E-Mail Removed):

> My homepage has been set to http://mysearchnow.com/
> I've tried changing it to me preferred page in the usual way
> (tools/options/home page/use current) but when I close MS explorer
> and reopen it it returns to http://mysearchnow.com/ instead
> How can I get rid of this -it's a useless page and very
> irritating? TIA

Hi

Your homepage may have been hijacked.

Try this program:
HijackThis
http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/

And you might want to fix your clock/time zone. You are posting from
the past.

Steven Burn

His posting date/time looks like here (14-11-03 22:33) .....?

--
Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group CEO
www.it-mate.co.uk

Disclaimer:

Boomer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3fa94f51$0$171$(E-Mail Removed) enews.net...
> "Alan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:Zhbqb.3317$(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > My homepage has been set to http://mysearchnow.com/
> > I've tried changing it to me preferred page in the usual way
> > (tools/options/home page/use current) but when I close MS explorer
> > and reopen it it returns to http://mysearchnow.com/ instead
> > How can I get rid of this -it's a useless page and very
> > irritating? TIA

> Hi
>
> Your homepage may have been hijacked.
>
> Try this program:
> HijackThis
> http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/
>
> And you might want to fix your clock/time zone. You are posting from
> the past.

Boomer

"Steven Burn" <ceo@PVT_it-mate.co.uk> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> His posting date/time looks like here (14-11-03 22:33) .....?

[snip broken sig]

Per his comuter settings:
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 22:33:17 -0000

Per his ISP (see headers)
05 Nov 2003 18:27:05 GMT

> Boomer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> "Alan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> news:Zhbqb.3317$(E-Mail Removed):
>>
>> > My homepage has been set to http://mysearchnow.com/
>> > I've tried changing it to me preferred page in the usual way
>> > (tools/options/home page/use current) but when I close MS
>> > explorer and reopen it it returns to http://mysearchnow.com/
>> > instead How can I get rid of this -it's a useless page and very
>> > irritating? TIA

>> Hi
>>
>> Your homepage may have been hijacked.
>>
>> Try this program:
>> HijackThis
>> http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/
>>
>> And you might want to fix your clock/time zone. You are posting
>> from the past.

trollster

looks like a hijacking program. run adware.

--
Where I made a webpage and no body came....
http://www.digitalwarlords.com/phpBB2/
news:3fa95bec$0$171$(E-Mail Removed) enews.net...
> "Steven Burn" <ceo@PVT_it-mate.co.uk> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > His posting date/time looks like here (14-11-03 22:33) .....?

> [snip broken sig]
>

> Per his comuter settings:
> Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 22:33:17 -0000
>
> Per his ISP (see headers)
> 05 Nov 2003 18:27:05 GMT
>

> > Boomer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> "Alan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> >> news:Zhbqb.3317$(E-Mail Removed):

> >> Hi
> >>
> >> Your homepage may have been hijacked.
> >>
> >> Try this program:
> >> HijackThis
> >> http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/
> >>
> >> And you might want to fix your clock/time zone. You are posting
> >> from the past.

Boomer

"trollster" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:kbdqb.313$1%(E-Mail Removed) y.com:

> looks like a hijacking program. run adware.

Why tell me?

I have suggest this program to Alan.

>>"Boomer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

[snip]
> [...]

trollster

I thought that you would care.

news:3fa960f1$0$171$(E-Mail Removed) enews.net...
> "trollster" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:kbdqb.313$1%(E-Mail Removed) y.com:
>
> > looks like a hijacking program. run adware.

> Why tell me?
>
> I have suggest this program to Alan.
>
> >>"Boomer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> [snip]

Boomer

"trollster" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:uDdqb.315$(E-Mail Removed) .com:

> I thought that you would care.

Honey, I care but I don't have the problem.

SgtMinor

Boomer wrote:

> "trollster" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:uDdqb.315$(E-Mail Removed) .com:
>
> > I thought that you would care.

> Honey, I care but I don't have the problem.

Hey, Boomer. In a particularly good mood today?

--
"She never called *me* 'Honey'"