Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Just got a Sony DVD Burner

Just got a Sony DVD Burner

Greg

And I am wondering if it is better to use the software that came with it. Or
continue to use Easy CD Creator Platinum V.5?

The software that came with the DVD:

Sonic Solutions RecordNow: CD/DVD Mastering Software with Quick Archive
backup feature
Sonic Solutions DLA: Drive Letter Recording Software Sonic Solutions MyDVD:
DVD Video Editing and Authoring Software
Cyberlink PowerDVD: soft DVD player Software MusicMatch Jukebox:

We will be using the DVD burner for file backups. We use a tape drive right
now.

Or does anyone have a suggestion for me? Our files are AutoCAD based.
Usually about 4.7 gig worth. So we would have to use two discs or some type
of compression software to back them up.

Thanks,

Greg H