Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Search in XP Pro doesn't open.

Search in XP Pro doesn't open.

rifleman

When I click on Start-Search, nothing happens.
I have Agent Ransack installed - would that have done this?

Thanks

Graham

Forgive me for seeming rude but why dont you try removing that program and
post back if you see a difference

"rifleman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:boaaj7$1ce0ql$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> When I click on Start-Search, nothing happens.
> I have Agent Ransack installed - would that have done this?
>
> Thanks

rifleman

Nothing rude about that!
Just asking whether anyone else had noticed that before I remove it!
"Graham" <m|_|(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:boaprc$eg3$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Forgive me for seeming rude but why dont you try removing that program and
> post back if you see a difference
>
> "rifleman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:boaaj7$1ce0ql$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> > When I click on Start-Search, nothing happens.
> > I have Agent Ransack installed - would that have done this?
> >
> > Thanks

rifleman

Didn't work anyway......

"rifleman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:boavqc$1aapev$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> Nothing rude about that!
> Just asking whether anyone else had noticed that before I remove it!
> "Graham" <m|_|(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:boaprc$eg3$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Forgive me for seeming rude but why dont you try removing that program

and
> > post back if you see a difference
> >
> > "rifleman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:boaaj7$1ce0ql$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> > > When I click on Start-Search, nothing happens.
> > > I have Agent Ransack installed - would that have done this?
> > >
> > > Thanks

Steven

"When I click on Start-Search, nothing happens"

whats new nothing works on xp and when i remove a dvd drive to put into
another system it goes totally slow , think ill just stick to 98

rifleman <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bob3gb$1bk26s$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> Didn't work anyway......
>
> "rifleman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:boavqc$1aapev$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> > Nothing rude about that!
> > Just asking whether anyone else had noticed that before I remove it!
> > "Graham" <m|_|(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:boaprc$eg3$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Forgive me for seeming rude but why dont you try removing that program

> and
> > > post back if you see a difference
> > >
> > > "rifleman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:boaaj7$1ce0ql$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...

mhicaoidh

Taking a moment's reflection, rifleman mused:

| When I click on Start-Search, nothing happens.
| I have Agent Ransack installed - would that have done this?

Have you run EasyCleaner on your registry by chance? If so, this will
wipe out Help and Support in XP. You need to add "Help" to your exclude
section next to "Norton" (norton, help). As far as getting it back ... you
can use System Restore, or go here:

http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/fix...ws_xp_help.htm

rifleman

No I haven't used a Registry cleaner, and Help and Support works! It's just
Search that doesn't.