Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > XP User a/c Pictures gone....

XP User a/c Pictures gone....

Jon

All my User account Pictures have disappeared, and each account been given a
'chess' picture. How/why?
- where/what is the default windows store for these?
- how can I get copies?
TIA
Jon.
--
....Do you have any idea how dumb average actually is.......?

Patrick

Jon wrote:
> All my User account Pictures have disappeared, and each account been
> given a 'chess' picture. How/why?
> - where/what is the default windows store for these?
> - how can I get copies?
> TIA
> Jon.

On my H.E. said (bmp) pictures (23 of) are located at;
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\User Account
Pictures\Default Pictures\

My (user defined) picture is located at;
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\User Account
Pictures\patrick.bmp

The normal way to change said picture is; 'start' button / click picture
here you should have the pictures shown, plus an option to browse to a new
picture (your picture).