Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Java Problems

Java Problems

Sharon

I tried posting this to a Java newsgroup first but didn't have any luck.
Since I usually have better luck with this newsgroup I thought I'd try
here.

I am having a problem with both Netscape 7.1 and Mozilla 1.4.1 often
crashing with JS2350.DLL errors....most often when accessing or exiting
mail and newsgroups. I tried to solve the problem by updating to the
newest version of Sun Java but that just created a new problem. I now
often get DDHELP errors...usually when closing Netscape or Mozilla and I
am also still getting the JS2350.dll errors. I also have a problem with
both Netscape and Mozilla crashing on some web sites that contain a lot
of Java (such as http://www.karcheskycanna.com/ ). My computer freezes
whenever I try to access that site. I tried uninstalling and
reinstalling Java but get the same results. I noticed something strange
though when I was looking through java files. One of the files,
javaws.jar is listed as being modified on 8/19/2067! Could that be a
corrupted file? Again, uninstalling and reinstalling didn't help that
problem either. I have a newer video card and the latest drivers. IE
never crashes on pages with Java so I have to use it to view those
problem pages, and it's a real pain!

Sharon

Boomer

Sharon <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:bo8n9q$1asmg3$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de:

> I tried posting this to a Java newsgroup first but didn't have any
> luck.
> Since I usually have better luck with this newsgroup I thought
> I'd try
> here.
>
> I am having a problem with both Netscape 7.1 and Mozilla 1.4.1
> often crashing with JS2350.DLL errors....most often when
> accessing or exiting mail and newsgroups. I tried to solve the
> problem by updating to the newest version of Sun Java but that
> just created a new problem. I now often get DDHELP
> errors...usually when closing Netscape or Mozilla and I am also
> still getting the JS2350.dll errors. I also have a problem with
> both Netscape and Mozilla crashing on some web sites that contain
> a lot of Java (such as http://www.karcheskycanna.com/ ). My
> computer freezes whenever I try to access that site. I tried
> uninstalling and reinstalling Java but get the same results. I
> noticed something strange though when I was looking through java
> files. One of the files, javaws.jar is listed as being modified on
> 8/19/2067! Could that be a corrupted file? Again, uninstalling and
> reinstalling didn't help that problem either. I have a newer video
> card and the latest drivers. IE never crashes on pages with Java
> so I have to use it to view those problem pages, and it's a real
> pain!
>
> Sharon

Hi

The only tip I can give you is to e-mail Sun Java. I did and they got
back to me the next day. You'll have to look through their site and
find the online form. It was pretty easy to find.

I'm sure they'd like your input also.

Roy Jones

On Tue, 04 Nov 2003 10:23:20 -0700, Sharon wrote:

> I tried posting this to a Java newsgroup first but didn't have any luck.
> Since I usually have better luck with this newsgroup I thought I'd try
> here.
>
> I am having a problem with both Netscape 7.1 and Mozilla 1.4.1 often
> crashing with JS2350.DLL errors....most often when accessing or exiting
> mail and newsgroups. I tried to solve the problem by updating to the
> newest version of Sun Java but that just created a new problem. I now
> often get DDHELP errors...usually when closing Netscape or Mozilla and I
> am also still getting the JS2350.dll errors. I also have a problem with
> both Netscape and Mozilla crashing on some web sites that contain a lot
> of Java (such as http://www.karcheskycanna.com/ ). My computer freezes
> whenever I try to access that site. I tried uninstalling and
> reinstalling Java but get the same results. I noticed something strange
> though when I was looking through java files. One of the files,
> javaws.jar is listed as being modified on 8/19/2067! Could that be a
> corrupted file? Again, uninstalling and reinstalling didn't help that
> problem either. I have a newer video card and the latest drivers. IE
> never crashes on pages with Java so I have to use it to view those
> problem pages, and it's a real pain!
>
> Sharon

I'm not familiar with the problem you describe, but I know that Netscape
and Mozilla don't always coexist well. If you're allowing both Mozilla and
Netscape to run their "Quick Launch" background processes simultaneously,
that might be part of your problem.

If you see their icons in your system tray, turn them off and use only one
browser or the other and don't use Quick Launch for either browser. Also,
don't run both at the same time, and see if they're any more stable.

Roy

Sharon

Roy Jones wrote:

> On Tue, 04 Nov 2003 10:23:20 -0700, Sharon wrote:
>
>> I tried posting this to a Java newsgroup first but didn't have any luck.
>> Since I usually have better luck with this newsgroup I thought I'd try
>> here.
>>
>> I am having a problem with both Netscape 7.1 and Mozilla 1.4.1 often
>> crashing with JS2350.DLL errors....most often when accessing or exiting
>> mail and newsgroups. I tried to solve the problem by updating to the
>> newest version of Sun Java but that just created a new problem. I now
>> often get DDHELP errors...usually when closing Netscape or Mozilla and I
>> am also still getting the JS2350.dll errors. I also have a problem with
>> both Netscape and Mozilla crashing on some web sites that contain a lot
>> of Java (such as http://www.karcheskycanna.com/ ). My computer freezes
>> whenever I try to access that site. I tried uninstalling and
>> reinstalling Java but get the same results. I noticed something strange
>> though when I was looking through java files. One of the files,
>> javaws.jar is listed as being modified on 8/19/2067! Could that be a
>> corrupted file? Again, uninstalling and reinstalling didn't help that
>> problem either. I have a newer video card and the latest drivers. IE
>> never crashes on pages with Java so I have to use it to view those
>> problem pages, and it's a real pain!
>>
>> Sharon

> I'm not familiar with the problem you describe, but I know that Netscape
> and Mozilla don't always coexist well. If you're allowing both Mozilla and
> Netscape to run their "Quick Launch" background processes simultaneously,
> that might be part of your problem.
>
> If you see their icons in your system tray, turn them off and use only one
> browser or the other and don't use Quick Launch for either browser. Also,
> don't run both at the same time, and see if they're any more stable.
>
> Roy

I don't use quick launch for either browser and I am also only running
one browser at a time. If I have two open the other one will be IE
because of problems with Netscape or Mozilla on a site containing Java.

Sharon

Roy Jones

On Wed, 05 Nov 2003 19:53:05 -0700, Sharon wrote:

> Roy Jones wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 04 Nov 2003 10:23:20 -0700, Sharon wrote:
>>
>>> I tried posting this to a Java newsgroup first but didn't have any luck.
>>> Since I usually have better luck with this newsgroup I thought I'd try
>>> here.
>>>
>>> I am having a problem with both Netscape 7.1 and Mozilla 1.4.1 often
>>> crashing with JS2350.DLL errors....most often when accessing or exiting
>>> mail and newsgroups. I tried to solve the problem by updating to the
>>> newest version of Sun Java but that just created a new problem. I now
>>> often get DDHELP errors...usually when closing Netscape or Mozilla and I
>>> am also still getting the JS2350.dll errors. I also have a problem with
>>> both Netscape and Mozilla crashing on some web sites that contain a lot
>>> of Java (such as http://www.karcheskycanna.com/ ). My computer freezes
>>> whenever I try to access that site. I tried uninstalling and
>>> reinstalling Java but get the same results. I noticed something strange
>>> though when I was looking through java files. One of the files,
>>> javaws.jar is listed as being modified on 8/19/2067! Could that be a
>>> corrupted file? Again, uninstalling and reinstalling didn't help that
>>> problem either. I have a newer video card and the latest drivers. IE
>>> never crashes on pages with Java so I have to use it to view those
>>> problem pages, and it's a real pain!
>>>
>>> Sharon

>> I'm not familiar with the problem you describe, but I know that Netscape
>> and Mozilla don't always coexist well. If you're allowing both Mozilla and
>> Netscape to run their "Quick Launch" background processes simultaneously,
>> that might be part of your problem.
>>
>> If you see their icons in your system tray, turn them off and use only one
>> browser or the other and don't use Quick Launch for either browser. Also,
>> don't run both at the same time, and see if they're any more stable.
>>
>> Roy

> I don't use quick launch for either browser and I am also only running
> one browser at a time. If I have two open the other one will be IE
> because of problems with Netscape or Mozilla on a site containing Java.
>
> Sharon

What version of the JDK or JRE are you using? I searched my own system for
DDHELP and JS2350.dll and found neither file. I have JDK ver 1.4.1. Do you
have the Microsoft JVM loaded as well? If so, is that where those files are
located? Try running a search for the file locations. That might be a clue
to the source of the problem.

nemo

Sharon,

Try some of these and see if they're any help:

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...elp+%2Bmozilla

or in case of word wrap problems, the same link, but shorter:

http://tinyurl.com/tv61

Regards

nemo

On Tue, 04 Nov 2003 10:23:20 -0700, Sharon <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I tried posting this to a Java newsgroup first but didn't have any luck.
> Since I usually have better luck with this newsgroup I thought I'd try
>here.
>
>I am having a problem with both Netscape 7.1 and Mozilla 1.4.1 often
>crashing with JS2350.DLL errors....most often when accessing or exiting
>mail and newsgroups. I tried to solve the problem by updating to the
>newest version of Sun Java but that just created a new problem. I now
>often get DDHELP errors...usually when closing Netscape or Mozilla and I
>am also still getting the JS2350.dll errors. I also have a problem with
>both Netscape and Mozilla crashing on some web sites that contain a lot
>of Java (such as http://www.karcheskycanna.com/ ). My computer freezes
>whenever I try to access that site. I tried uninstalling and
>reinstalling Java but get the same results. I noticed something strange
>though when I was looking through java files. One of the files,
>javaws.jar is listed as being modified on 8/19/2067! Could that be a
>corrupted file? Again, uninstalling and reinstalling didn't help that
>problem either. I have a newer video card and the latest drivers. IE
>never crashes on pages with Java so I have to use it to view those
>problem pages, and it's a real pain!
>
>Sharon

Sharon

nemo wrote:
> Sharon,
>
> Try some of these and see if they're any help:
>
> http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...elp+%2Bmozilla
>
> or in case of word wrap problems, the same link, but shorter:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/tv61
>
> Regards
>
> nemo

Thanks Nemo,

I found that particular thread while searching for information and it
seems that the only thing that helped was to go back to an earlier
version of Sun Java...which I have just done to see if it works. His
problems just about duplicated mine.

Sharon