Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > win xp serious error - sentinel DLL?

win xp serious error - sentinel DLL?

hugh jass

Last night I saved a document and then got the blue screen of death...
Did a scandisk, a virus check (none found with EZantivirus) and everything
comes up ok.
windows recovery says that the crash/serious error was caused by 'sentinel
DLL' originating from rainbow.com, but I'm not sure what this is about.
I'm not sure what to check next. Things seem ok now, but don't want this
to happen again or the drive to fail...
Any suggestions on what to do next or what might be the cause?
I am thinking of running SpinRite now...
thanks for your help, hj
______________________

Harrison

Sentinel.dll is a software protection file. It is most likely a part
of a recently installed shareware application. Searching your system
for the file may yield further results.

On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 08:20:05 -0500, "hugh jass"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Last night I saved a document and then got the blue screen of death...
>Did a scandisk, a virus check (none found with EZantivirus) and everything
>comes up ok.
>windows recovery says that the crash/serious error was caused by 'sentinel
>DLL' originating from rainbow.com, but I'm not sure what this is about.
> I'm not sure what to check next. Things seem ok now, but don't want this
>to happen again or the drive to fail...
>Any suggestions on what to do next or what might be the cause?
>I am thinking of running SpinRite now...
>thanks for your help, hj
>______________________
>please remove the obvious from my email...

hugh jass

Thanks Harrison,
I have installed some shareware recently...
So, if I find it in a certain program directory, can I assume that the
installation of that application is unstable and remove it?
cheers, hj

--
______________________
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
:
: <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
:
: >Last night I saved a document and then got the blue screen of death...
: >Did a scandisk, a virus check (none found with EZantivirus) and
everything
: >comes up ok.
: >windows recovery says that the crash/serious error was caused by
'sentinel
: >DLL' originating from rainbow.com, but I'm not sure what this is about.
: > I'm not sure what to check next. Things seem ok now, but don't want
this
: >to happen again or the drive to fail...
: >Any suggestions on what to do next or what might be the cause?
: >I am thinking of running SpinRite now...
: >thanks for your help, hj
: >______________________
: >please remove the obvious from my email...
: >
:

hugh jass

Did a search on both of my drives for 'sentinel.dll' and came up with
nothing.
Any suggestions?
thnx, hj

--
______________________
"hugh jass" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:KtOpb.16204$(E-Mail Removed). ..
: Thanks Harrison,
: I have installed some shareware recently...
: So, if I find it in a certain program directory, can I assume that the
: installation of that application is unstable and remove it?
: cheers, hj
:
: --
: ______________________
: please remove the obvious from my email...
: "Harrison" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
: news:(E-Mail Removed)...
: : Sentinel.dll is a software protection file. It is most likely a part
: : of a recently installed shareware application. Searching your system
: : for the file may yield further results.
: :
: : On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 08:20:05 -0500, "hugh jass"
: : <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
: :
: : >Last night I saved a document and then got the blue screen of death...
: : >Did a scandisk, a virus check (none found with EZantivirus) and
: everything
: : >comes up ok.
: : >windows recovery says that the crash/serious error was caused by
: 'sentinel
: : >DLL' originating from rainbow.com, but I'm not sure what this is about.
: : > I'm not sure what to check next. Things seem ok now, but don't want
: this
: : >to happen again or the drive to fail...
: : >Any suggestions on what to do next or what might be the cause?
: : >I am thinking of running SpinRite now...
: : >thanks for your help, hj
: : >______________________
: : >please remove the obvious from my email...
: : >
: :
:
:

Harrison

That's what I'd try.

On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 09:12:56 -0500, "hugh jass"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Thanks Harrison,
>I have installed some shareware recently...
>So, if I find it in a certain program directory, can I assume that the
>installation of that application is unstable and remove it?
>cheers, hj

DVD Verdict reviews: THE SENTINEL: THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON and more! DVD Verdict DVD Video 0 04-26-2006 08:25 AM
ConfigParser - add a stop sentinel? rzed Python 2 01-12-2005 07:17 PM
sentinel d.j. C++ 3 04-22-2004 05:19 AM
Re: a serious question for a non-serious cause... henry DVD Video 1 11-08-2003 04:38 PM

Advertisments