Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Getting Normal Display Back

Getting Normal Display Back

Sherry

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> My son has messed about with accessibility options and got all the
> text etc. displayed in a massive font with changed cplours etc.
> I've tried to restore things back to normal ( default ) but
> accessibility wizard + trying to adjust things back in Control panel
> just hangs PC.
> Running Windows 98 SE
>
> Please can anyone tell me how to sort this out ?
> Thanks for any help

If text is large when in IE, then just go to view & check "medium" for text
size...

I assume you've already checked "Display Properties" -- right-click on
desktop...?

---

Steven Pilbeam

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> My son has messed about with accessibility options and got all the
> text etc. displayed in a massive font with changed cplours etc.
> I've tried to restore things back to normal ( default ) but
> accessibility wizard + trying to adjust things back in Control panel
> just hangs PC.
> Running Windows 98 SE
>
> Please can anyone tell me how to sort this out ?
> Thanks for any help

Sort your date out as well !

Paul

On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 19:02:24 -0000, "Steven Pilbeam"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Paul" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> My son has messed about with accessibility options and got all the
>> text etc. displayed in a massive font with changed cplours etc.
>> I've tried to restore things back to normal ( default ) but
>> accessibility wizard + trying to adjust things back in Control panel
>> just hangs PC.
>> Running Windows 98 SE
>>
>> Please can anyone tell me how to sort this out ?
>> Thanks for any help

>Sort your date out as well !

Eh right but that doesn't really help with my original post does it
........ ?

Bob B

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 19:02:24 -0000, "Steven Pilbeam"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

> >"Paul" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
> >> My son has messed about with accessibility options and got all the
> >> text etc. displayed in a massive font with changed cplours etc.
> >> I've tried to restore things back to normal ( default ) but
> >> accessibility wizard + trying to adjust things back in Control panel
> >> just hangs PC.
> >> Running Windows 98 SE
> >>
> >> Please can anyone tell me how to sort this out ?
> >> Thanks for any help

> >Sort your date out as well !
> >

> Eh right but that doesn't really help with my original post does it
> ....... ?

Did you try Sherry's suggestion.... right click
desktop/properties/appearance....use one of the windows defaults..BB

Shel-hed

On Tue, 04 Nov 2003 19:43:17 +0000, Paul <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
24hoursupport.helpdesk:

>On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 19:02:24 -0000, "Steven Pilbeam"
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>Sort your date out as well !
>>

>Eh right but that doesn't really help with my original post does it
>....... ?

Your problem has an easy fix.
I think I'll fix the problem of your future-dated posts being stuck at the top by
deleting this thread.

hugh jass

Yes, I think I will do that too... Not interested in seeing this post at
the top of the list for another 8 years!
They just don't know how annoying it is when the date is out of whack.
______________________
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
:
: >On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 19:02:24 -0000, "Steven Pilbeam"
: ><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
: >
: >>
: >>Sort your date out as well !
: >>
: >Eh right but that doesn't really help with my original post does it
: >....... ?
:
: Your problem has an easy fix.
: I think I'll fix the problem of your future-dated posts being stuck at the
top by
: deleting this thread.
:

@}-}-------Rosee

Ah...most ingenious idea....;o() Think I'll do the same.....;o

Shel-hed <(E-Mail Removed)> chiseled in stone, the
following words news:(E-Mail Removed):

--
@}-}--}------Rosee http://www.southerncaucus.org/hk18.htm

Boomer

"@}-}-------Rosee" <!!GigAntiCBoSomS!!@Nip..com> wrote in

Hi Rosee! <waves like crazy>

How are things going for you???

> Ah...most ingenious idea....;o() Think I'll do the same.....;o
>
> Shel-hed <(E-Mail Removed)> chiseled in
> stone, the following words
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> On Tue, 04 Nov 2003 19:43:17 +0000, Paul wrote in
>> 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

>>>Eh right but that doesn't really help with my original post does
>>>it ....... ?

>> Your problem has an easy fix.
>> I think I'll fix the problem of your future-dated posts being
>> stuck at the top by deleting this thread.

@}-}-------Rosee

Hiya Boomer

Things are better for me. I am just now recovering from some sort of
respiratory infection that had me down for about a month. Actually feeling
human again.

And you?

Boomer <(E-Mail Removed)> chiseled in stone, the following
words news:3fa9b4ea$0$179$(E-Mail Removed) enews.net:

--
@}-}--}------Rosee http://www.southerncaucus.org/hk18.htm

Boomer

"@}-}-------Rosee" <!!GigAntiCBoSomS!!@Nip..com>

> Hiya Boomer
>
> Things are better for me. I am just now recovering from some sort
> of respiratory infection that had me down for about a month.

I'm sorry to hear that! A month!? You were hit hard!

> Actually feeling human again.

I'm glad! Sure have missed you around these parts.

> And you?

Nothing new here. Been out job hunting. Slim pickin's in this area.
I might be chanting, "Would you like to Super Size that?" shortly.

Hope you get to feeling 101% more 'human' again and stop in a lot more
often!!!!